Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd craigslist Model X listing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Saw this:
Tesla Model X with only 3000 miles MUST SELL

Some odd things:
#1: Listing of the X is in the Los Angeles listing, but phone # is NorCal (Fremont) area.
#2: Listing says "X90D", but I found the pix came from a Google+ page which shows the X as a P90D.
#3: Price seems unusually low (unless they expected you to take over bank payments or something.)

So it seems fishy, or at least sloppy / inaccurate.

The Google+ I found which had the same pictures (and more):
Photos from posts

If anyone knows that Mahesh, maybe want to check with him if the Karan Craiglist posting is legit (or not).

modx1.png

The craiglist post has been taken down so the guys phone # should no longer be available.

It seems like maybe someone was just trying to "phone spam" him by posting his phone # with a listing that was "too good to be true".

Reactions: GoTslaGo
Craigslist is full of scammers - at least in the Bay Area - caveat emptor. For example, the most recent Fremont home I advertised on CL for lease had two different scammers offer it at a ridiculously low rent. One told a family that fortunately saw my genuine ad and called me first before they got ripped-off:
  1. Drive to my house in Gilroy.
  2. Bring $1,000 cash for the security deposit.
  3. I'll give you the house keys.
It's the old adage at play here: "if it's too good to be true then it probably is".

The scammers can also use this ploy to steal people's identities, too.

CL is pretty good about pulling down scam ads once they're flagged.