Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd driving occurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasa headed home today on 101 and suddenly the screen went black then replaced with the Tesla logo then everything came back. I assume it was a reset. In addition when I used the car later I noticed that the icon for the air handling was dark. It did come on after I pushed it but this has never happened before. Does this call for a hard reset?

I know it's odd to you, but trust me this does happen...not very often mind you...but I think many 3+ year owners have had this happen at least once. I had it happened to me just once. It happened at 70+ mph on an interstate and it freaked me out but everything, including turn signals (though there was not clicking sound) and brake lights still worked.
A hard reset is not needed but if it happens frequently or you just want to know, the SC should be able to look into logs and tell you why it happened and if it's anything for concern. though my odds are they will say everything is fine.

Upvote 0