TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Odd HVAC Behavior

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by pl8dlikafiddle, Dec 28, 2019.

1. pl8dlikafiddle

Folks,

On a recent 4 hr road trip, I noticed what I believe is an odd behavior that my Model 3 is doing. I do not normally have rear passengers, but this time I had my both of my kids in the back.

With the temperature set between 68-70F and set to Auto, it seems the car is putting out what my wife and I think is an air temp that “feels right”, but we kept getting complaints from the rear peanut gallery that it was too hot.

I noticed the rear air vents were discharging considerably hotter air than the fronts.

Anyone experience something similar?

2. bigroo42

bigroo42 Member

This exact same thing happened yesterday in my first road trip. While the temp was set on 68 the rear vents were putting out, I'd say, 75-78 degree air. And I just had my M3 into the sc for another complaint about the hvac system and they ran a scan on everything and it all came back 'fine'.

Just another quirk of this car it seems. :/

• Like x 1
  3. pl8dlikafiddle

Well, at least there’s at least two of us :)

• Like x 1
  4. JollyEV

JollyEV Member

I'm regular on another Tesla forum but new to TMC. I experienced the same for a long while now.