TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Odd question on Wifi icon

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tliving, Sep 15, 2014.

1. tliving

tliving Member

Along the top of the 17" display are a bunch of icons for time, temperature etc. One is for wifi. I noticed on the wifi one (and only on the wifi one) if you hold your finger down on it after about 10 seconds there's a little blink/animation. I did it a few times to confirm and none of the other ones do this. I know if you do a long press on the Tesla logo you get the mysterious service mode login but this wifi one is different. Anyone know what a long press on the wifi icon triggers?

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

3. Olen

Olen Member

Might be a "reconnect", to make the wifi to connect to a different access point with better reception? Anyone tried how the car behaves if it can detect more than one (pre configured) wifi network, and what happens if the signal strength of one of them changes?

4. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Btrflyl8e again. :tongue:

5. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member