Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd question that might fit here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not going to one of the model specific boards because I feel that the marketplace has a more eclectic understanding of Tesla bits and pieces.

I am going to pick up a set of Winter wheels/tires for my MX next week. If I take my wifes M3 it will save me about an hour round trip as I am able to skip one charging stop each way.

The question: Will 4 MX wheels w/ tires fit in an M3 with the seats down?

Thanks in advance.

If you can't fit them all in the back with the seat down, I'd be very surprised if you couldn't still get them home (Worst case: One in the trunk, 2 in the back seat (with the seat up), and 1 in the front passenger seat). I can't say definitively though (haven't tried it myself yet).

one idea to get them to fit. in your model 3 remove the trunk lid to the lower trunk section (you can put it upright behind the front seats) and see if you can stand the wheel upright and still close the trunk lid. Of course fold the seats down and put the other three wheels in first. Then you might just get all 4 in. I'm going to try this real soon when I switch out my M3 20s for my winter 18s

Good to know. I have moved 19s in my old MS and it was tight, but I may have kept the car seat in. I don't recall.
We shipped half a dozen sets of 21" wheels/tires and didn't have any problem driving them to UPS in the S, but we didn't have any car seat to worry about.

We actually managed to fit two sets of 21" Arachnid wheels and tires in a Model S, with barely room for the driver. We were going to drive them from Colorado to California. One of the buyers opted to have us ship them instead so we cancelled the road trip and ended up shipping both sets.

What tire size are you looking at? We have a set of referral 22" Model X wheels/tires that I believe we brought home in the 3 but I'll have to double-check.

I am not going to one of the model specific boards because I feel that the marketplace has a more eclectic understanding of Tesla bits and pieces.

I am going to pick up a set of Winter wheels/tires for my MX next week. If I take my wifes M3 it will save me about an hour round trip as I am able to skip one charging stop each way.

The question: Will 4 MX wheels w/ tires fit in an M3 with the seats down?

Thanks in advance.

I have transported 4 20 inch Performance wheels with tires installed in the back of my M3 with the rear seats down. They’ll fit fine. I suggest making a stop at Discount Tires - aka “America’s Tires,” and kindly asking them for four extra large plastic tire bags, so that you can protect your interior.

All this 18-19-20" discussion is pointless as one person said diameter of the tire is what matters a lot, width may change too.
MX tires are taller than S or 3 and I believe wider as well as such they will present a much bigger challenge. Going to need lots of interior protection and o wouldn't plan on a passenger. Heck the stacked ng time might eat up half your supercharger time savings so consider the X.

one idea to get them to fit. in your model 3 remove the trunk lid to the lower trunk section (you can put it upright behind the front seats) and see if you can stand the wheel upright and still close the trunk lid. Of course fold the seats down and put the other three wheels in first. Then you might just get all 4 in. I'm going to try this real soon when I switch out my M3 20s for my winter 18s

Here's picture of my suggested method mentioned above - in my Tesla Model 3 (with white seats no less)

IMG_20191121_142643.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78 and UCF3