Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oddest reply from Tesla service advisor? Battery pack warranty replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

We will replace the pack, with a working one from the factory, legally we cannot comment on more details then that.

I will continue the current warranty, NOT restart a new one.

Thank you, we will our best to get it done ASAP please keep in mind shipping delays

Thank you , we will update you as soon as we have more info

Hello

We will replace the pack, with a working one from the factory, legally we cannot comment on more details then that.

I will continue the current warranty, NOT restart a new one.

Thank you, we will our best to get it done ASAP please keep in mind shipping delays

Thank you , we will update you as soon as we have more info

Not odd!

They don't disclose the details but there are hints "Shipping delays" VS. "ASAP"

That means, you'll get a working one and not necessarily a new one and it's on Tesla's time so don't count on ASAP!

In the past, owner would get a loaner battery while yours is sent to the factory. It may take months. When your's fixed, you'll come back to return the loaner battery and get yours back.

Sometimes, you'll just get a replacement one and don't have to come back for getting your original back.

thanks for the info

I'm just kinda trying to figure things out.

no idea if my csr is gone for a week or a month now?

they put me into a low end high mileage Benz from Enterprise Car Rentals.

i have a road trip coming up in 2 weeks, so I'm not sure who's paying my gas if my Tesla is waiting?

thanks for the info

I'm just kinda trying to figure things out.

no idea if my csr is gone for a week or a month now?

they put me into a low end high mileage Benz from Enterprise Car Rentals.

i have a road trip coming up in 2 weeks, so I'm not sure who's paying my gas if my Tesla is waiting?

You might want to call the service center to see if they can reserve a Tesla loaner so you can switch from the current Benz.

Traditionally, Tesla has not charged extra for miles or gas so please keep the gas receipts and turn them in when you turn your Benz in.

Please make sure to copy receipts in case they might lose them. The gas reimbursement might take a long time too. Expect months but Tesla will make it right for you in the end.

You might want to call the service center to see if they can reserve a Tesla loaner so you can switch from the current Benz.

Traditionally, Tesla has not charged extra for miles or gas so please keep the gas receipts and turn them in when you turn your Benz in.

Please make sure to copy receipts in case they might lose them. The gas reimbursement might take a long time too. Expect months but Tesla will make it right for you in the end.

will do