Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odds of Giga Factory Model Y Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kabin

Nov 23, 2021
Here
Once the Giga factory gets up and running, what's the odds of receiving a Giga Factory Model Y for say June 2022 delivery? Will Tesla slow down Fremont to add chassis stamping, new battery design, etc? I assume western states would still get Fremont built Model Ys unless the Giga Factory is firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: 808litt
Once the Giga factory gets up and running, what's the odds of receiving a Giga Factory Model Y for say June 2022 delivery? Will Tesla slow down Fremont to add chassis stamping, new battery design, etc? I assume western states would still get Fremont built Model Ys unless the Giga Factory is firing on all cylinders.
Not sure where you are, your location says South West, I would assume that means you will get your MY from Fremont as Austin is primarily for Eastern US. Also, check out this thread on Austin Status. I am sure by June they will be pumping out cars. Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

Reactions: kabin
I was under the impression the Giga Factory would be the first to implement the Gigacast but it sounds like Fremont has been doing that for a while now. Maybe there's no advantage to a Giga Factory Model Y build after all?