Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odometer on instrument cluster!

How hard is it for someone with 24/7 remotely access to our vehicle to add miles to the odometer?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I would like to see my odometer every time I look at my instrument cluster, not hidden somewhere in the menu!
I never looked at the odometer and after 2 years I collected 43,000 miles which I think is impossible, I don't think it's my real number! Before our Model X, the wife put 50,000 on her Lexus in about 10 years! I know we use Tesla more than the Lexus before but even if I double that number of miles it still doesn't give me 43,000 in 2 years !!
Have you ever had your MCU replaced under warranty? I know of one instance where the SC transferred the odometer value across in km instead of miles when doing a swap.

The odometer was present in the instrument cluster from 2012-2016... RIP
My July 2017 has had the odometer on the cluster for some time. I had trouble getting it there initially, but I don't remember what I learned (guess incoming). Pictures of the screen where the Odometer checkbox is grayed out hint that it might come available if the user unchecks other boxes. I just got AP3 and MCU2 installed, and the odometer is still in the IC with the current drive and since last charge information.

At 43,000 miles I'm on my 3rd set of tires, but that obviously varies by owner and vehicle trim, since some people get that out of a set. I've never had any reason to suspect the odometer was incorrect, but if you do I would scan through past service statements, annual vehicle inspections and consider running a Carfax on your vehicle to see how those events have been reported. Tire sizes or similar fluctuations aren't going to explain your perceived mileage mismatch, even significant ones would amount to more than a couple hundred miles over 40k miles.