Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odometer read 15miles...was this a previous rejected MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reconfigured the order for MY on 05/27 (grey/blk/ LR AWD / Gemini wheels) Got text notification delivery date moved to July 3rd. Then got call today saying MY is enroute to the delivery center and can pick-up at 7:30pm, June 30th. I declined and asked for a mid-day delivery schedule to allow for ample daylight to inspect vehicle.

Ask the delivery advisor if mY was assigned VIN, give number 15xxx, forgot to ask about build date. however, I noticed online they posted the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement sheet indicating the MY was accepted by customer on 02/27/2020 and Odometer reads 15miles. I have yet to see or accept the vehicle. Is this a previously rejected MY?!?? Did anyone get a MY with zero miles at delivery?

Attachments

• E11264F4-8384-4E30-90F2-B7D414622A0F.jpeg
    E11264F4-8384-4E30-90F2-B7D414622A0F.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 264
I reconfigured the order for MY on 05/27 (grey/blk/ LR AWD / Gemini wheels) Got text notification delivery date moved to July 3rd. Then got call today saying MY is enroute to the delivery center and can pick-up at 7:30pm, June 30th. I declined and asked for a mid-day delivery schedule to allow for ample daylight to inspect vehicle.

Ask the delivery advisor if mY was assigned VIN, give number 15xxx, forgot to ask about build date. however, I noticed online they posted the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement sheet indicating the MY was accepted by customer on 02/27/2020 and Odometer reads 15miles. I have yet to see or accept the vehicle. Is this a previously rejected MY?!?? Did anyone get a MY with zero miles at delivery?
Relax that’s the default.

Mine had 5 miles on it upon delivery. I've heard anything under 50 miles is consider "normal". My last new car was transferred from one dealership to another as they had the car in the color and options I wanted. This required a porter to drive the car and it had about 40 miles on it when I picked it up.

Completely normal. The MVPA will say anything up to about 50mi. This covers the seller for whatever test track runs after assembly and porting from the assembly line to the end user. It’s just a formality to cover everyone for whatever miles have been put on the vehicle prior to delivery.

Go watch a BMW vehicle production video on YouTube, there will be a part at the end where the car is put onto a dump and brought up to different speeds to test the vehicle and then run around a test track at the factory to “feel” out the car. Putting 15-50 miles on the paperwork covers this and you may or may not have 0-50miles on your car when you get it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando

Do note that NO ONE, I mean NO ONE could have possibly taken delivery of a Y in February. Who cares if it was rejected, it's been fixed, you'll verify it.

Reactions: rxlawdude
I don't know how it's done everywhere else but in NY the cars are stored at a service lot. Then they get driven to the service center for detailing. Then they get driven to the delivery showroom. I don't know where the storage lot is but just going from the service center to the deliver showroom it's 11 miles.

• Disagree
Reactions: JulienW
side note:
Fremont transporter must be down - someone please text Scotty.
They must actually be driving the car from end of assembly line (or if a performance - rolling down the assembly line - in the "tent")
Then they must be driving it onto Trucks or Railcars and off again at destinaiton. I think most get test drive on the Fremont track.