Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odometer rolled over 100K MILES on 2020 MY AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are good points, but I’m not interested in this level of detail at current mileage. My observations are anecdotal info from an EV enthusiast. Also 100K miles isn’t really a big deal. Historically I keep my ICE vehicles for 250K miles and I fully intend to do the same with our Model Y. I think it would be interesting to perform these detailed tests at 200K miles and again at 300K miles. I know DOE has performed tests up to at least 200K miles, but I’ve never seen the data published anywhere.
It's fine to say that, but then don't turn around and also state that degradation is 8%..... You don't really know just by looking at range at 100%. As noted, there are lots of reasons for a lower indicated range that don't necessarily indicate degradation.

It's fine to say that, but then don't turn around and also state that degradation is 8%..... You don't really know just by looking at range at 100%. As noted, there are lots of reasons for a lower indicated range that don't necessarily indicate degradation.
I wasn’t aware that there are rigorous scientific standards required for posting on this site. I just thought it was cool that at 99K miles our Model Y indicates 303 miles of range on a full charge and wanted to share.

Please proof your post for typos. I can't wrap my head around this claim! 🤣 🤪
I’m amazed the tires lasted 80K miles. The best I’ve ever seen before on any car I’ve owned is around 60K miles. Our Model 3 needed tires at 25K miles. The Model Y is driven as a commuter almost entirely (~90%) on the freeway. The driver is an extraordinarily safe, mellow, gentle driver (not me). Instead of OEM tires I went with General Tire Altimax RT43’s which were much cheaper. We’ll see how long they last with similar heavy use over the next two years.

Reactions: Eto Demerzel
I wasn’t aware that there are rigorous scientific standards required for posting on this site. I just thought it was cool that at 99K miles our Model Y indicates 303 miles of range on a full charge and wanted to share.
How dare you share your personal experience without validation from the EPA, using OSHA protocols and most importantly, the internet methodology which is A. post your experience B. that's not good enough C. your entire being is now invalid

Gotta focus on the drive and not the potholes ;) more power to you @CarPortal

There aren't but many times people post here and elsewhere complaining about how they 'lost' range due to 'battery degradation', simply based on charging to 100% one time, or extrapolating from charging to 90% or so. There are ways to measure degradation pretty accurately. Noting 'lost range' isn't really one of them. We just have to be careful in how we use the term 'degradation'.

Our 2021 is at 99K miles and 303 according to the Stats app. Zero repairs so far other than road hazards. Amazingly the OEM tires lasted 80K miles. Will report back on how she’s doing at 25K mile intervals.
Community Notes: The poster's claim that the tires lasted 80K miles is true, except the tires were simply kept in the trunk all those miles

:) 🤣

We just crossed over 111,111 miles. Wish I'd taken a picture!!! I think we're slacking off...only 11K miles in 3.5 months. May hit 125K by year-end. Has anyone heard of any higher mileage Model Y's out there?

Still going strong except for a few mishaps that Tesla service handled. The car runs perfectly. The Stats app indicates 300 mile range. I have nothing more scientific than that to report on the battery. Once we hit 200K miles I'll take the time to use the right app/tool to measure battery degradation because I think that info will be useful to everyone.

We just crossed over 111,111 miles. Wish I'd taken a picture!!! I think we're slacking off...only 11K miles in 3.5 months. May hit 125K by year-end. Has anyone heard of any higher mileage Model Y's out there?

Still going strong except for a few mishaps that Tesla service handled. The car runs perfectly. The Stats app indicates 300 mile range. I have nothing more scientific than that to report on the battery. Once we hit 200K miles I'll take the time to use the right app/tool to measure battery degradation because I think that info will be useful to everyone.
You can do the battery health test. No need for third party app.