TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Odometer screenshots

Discussion in 'Model S' started by brianman, Dec 9, 2012.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#1 brianman, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    Odometer1000_Small.jpg

The bottom row's a little dim, but it reads:
    (unlocked icon) 1,000 38° Sat Dec 8 5:19 PM

I suspect there are other milestone pics floating around but hadn't seen them on the forum yet so here's a thread for it.

Some notes:
    1. I took delivery around 2pm on Nov 13, with 65 initial miles.
    2. I don't get anywhere near the efficiency of folks in Florida setting records. ;)
    3. The kW pulsing I believe is the "idle" climate control and radio.
    4. No more screenshots from me with the prominent Projected range estimate. I updated to 4.0 after getting home tonite.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Going 50 miles using 20kwh should mean about 200 miles on a charge, right? Not horrible, definitely usable.

3. ibcs

ibcs Member

I have found that the initial few miles requires a lot kWh to either warm the battery or the occupants. Yesterday, I drove in Ohio with the temperature in the 40's all highway miles and my projected range was higher than the rated miles. I averaged 298 Wh/mi for 135 miles driving mid to upper 70's most of the time. Heat on, seat warmer and radio blasting. It seems to me that a lot of short trips requires multiple warm ups and is not as efficient in colder climates.

All in all no complaints the Model S far exceeds my expectations.

---Kent

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Lots of short trips kill energy usage in any car. The main difference is that old fashioned cars don't have the instrumentation to show you, and most people don't keep a logbook, so they never know.

5. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Exactly correct. No question in MY mind. Which probably isn't saying all that much!