Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OE 2020 TPMS will not connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fitted a set of aftermarket wheels, put ebay tesla 433mhz TPMS in there...didnt work, swapped them out for a set of amazon sensors that were recommended on here....didnt work, took the stock sensors out of the stock alloys and after covering say 3000 miles they wont work.

I asked Tesla to come and "pair" the sensors as they said that needed doing but there is no sign of life from the sensors when the tool is used and they said the sensors are faulty but want to have them fitted to the stock alloys before they will look at the car either under warranty or otherwise because "the wheels could be the problem"(wtf), I find it hard to believe that all 4 sensors are faulty and the other two sets also, yesterday i reduced tyre pressure to 8psi, left for a few mins and reinflated to 42psi, i have reset the TPMS via the screen, changed wheel sizes probably hundreds of times trying to get them to pair over the course of 1.5 years.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do here?

In my last two ICE vehicles, when I changed my summer tires with TPMS to my winter tires without TPMS it took the care up to 3-4 days of driving to figure that the TPMS were not there. And when I went the other way it took a day or 2 to figure out that they were there.

So maybe give it a day or 3 of driving? Something like calibrating the car's cameras.