Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM 20" Slipstream (Model X) Staggered wheels PLUS Tires/TPMS for SMALLER (Model S) Sedan Fitment!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FOR SALE---
Tesla Model X SlipStream Wheels (20")
with Model S Correct-Size Tires (245 & 275)
FITS ALL MODEL S sedan vehicles, looks great!!!

If you want to upgrade to 20" wheels on your Model S but want to keep an OEM look, this is the way to go!

Are these still available?

If the thread is still here, then YES, these are still available for sale!

Where did you source these wheels?
These are STOCK wheels that came off a 2016 Model X SUV. They were purchased here off the forum from another owner who took them off his car the moment he took delivery of his X.

What size are the wheels?

They are a staggered 20" wheel with 20x9 ET35 front wheels and 20x9,5 ET40 rear wheels.

Aren't the rear wheels supposed to be 10" wide?

There have been two variations of the Model X wheels. Various threads talk about this, where some people received 20x10,0 ET35 rear wheels, but some have gotten these 20x9,5 ET40 wheels. Both exist, and both are correct.

But wait, your car is a 70D AWD -- is staggered okay?
YES!!! Running staggered wheels on an all wheel drive car is totally fine. BMW, Mercedes, and many other companies have been doing it for years. Heck, look at Lamborghini for example. The biggest issue is overall tire diameter, not width. As long as the circumference of the tires is the same, you're fine.

What size are the tires on this setup?
Front tires are 245/40 and rear tires are 275/35 .. and as noted, the overall diameter here is correct, and perfect for all wheel drive setup. This same setup will also work with rear-drive Model S vehicles.

Will this setup fit my Tesla vehicle?

YES, so long as you have a Model S. These tires are Model S specific ... so although these where originally wheels from an X, the tires are now Model S size... if you have the SUV, you'd need different tires. If you have a Model S sedan, these WILL fit, no matter which Model S version you own!

What brand and type of tires are included?

Tires all around are Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 tires. These tires are all-season, Ultra High Performance category. They have about 5,000 total miles on them, and have over 80% tread life remaining. They are in great shape, with no repairs or damage, and should last many more seasons!

Are tire pressure sensors (TPMS) included here?

YES! Please note the TPMS included here is the newer version, which started being used in mid-2015. If you have an earlier car you would need to have your local service center swap for the older TPMS, which is a relatively small cost. If you have a Model S that is less than 18-months old, chances are good these will work fine. Most 2015+ cars these are prefect as-is ... just bolt them on the car and enjoy!

Why are you selling them? They look so awesome!
Thanks, they do look pretty sweet. I've been enjoying these for two months, since I picked up this Model S recently. This is my fourth (4th) Model S vehicle, and I wanted to try these out and see how they look. From a ride quality standpoint I absolutely LOVE Them -- but I think I'd like to go aftermarket, and do something bit more "flashy" on my car. Hence my reason for selling these here... to free up cash to get something a bit more wild.

Are you willing to ship the wheels & tires?
I'd prefer not to, and would greatly prefer a local cash sale in Cleveland, Ohio (zip 44122). I'd even consider meeting someone nearby-- if you live in the Great Lakes region, we can meet up within a few hour drive of me! However, I would consider shipping, for an added cost at YOUR expense. Please contact me privately to discuss this option so that we can determine feasibility and costs.

What is your ASKING PRICE for this amazing wheel/tires/TPMS combo?
My total investment was as follows: $1,800 for the wheels, $850 for the tires, $200 for the TPMS, and $200 for the mount & balance of everything. That is just over $3,000 invested and the setup is still very new, and in perfect condition. My ASKING PRICE is $2,500 or best reasonable offer. Please feel free to make an offer!!

See images below, thanks!

IMG_0470.JPG
Photo Jul 21-2.jpeg
Photo Jul 21-3.jpeg
Photo Jul 21.jpeg

Reactions: jobiggs24
Someone asked if I would do $2,000 shipped -- and the answer is yes. That individual has not yet decided if they want to proceed, but I wanted to throw that offer on the table for anyone interested right now. PayPal me funds of $2k and I'll carefully package the wheels/tires/TPMS up and ship to the domestic US 48 contingent states!!

For those who are PMing me asking......

Ship to Domestic USA 48 contingent states:
$2,000 USD via PayPal, shipped UPS insured to your door step

Ship to Canada:
$2,200 USD via PayPal, via FedEx Ground/Standard

Local Pickup:
$1,850 PayPal or $1,800 cash - Cleveland, Ohio - Zip 44122 (Beachwood)

If you want to send funds and enjoy these wheels/tires/TPMS send me a private message for my PayPal address, and let's do this!

Attaching 7 photos of current condition of wheels. One potential buyer was asking for condition, and these things are what I would describe as being EXCELLENT CONDITION. That being said they are used, with about 3,500 miles on the wheels right now. There are microscopic blemishes as to be expected, and I did my best to show those in photos attached-- but no chips or damage-- these are GREAT!!!

Hopefully one of the few people PM'ing me today snags these soon!

model-x-wheels-1.jpg
model-x-wheels-2.jpg
model-x-wheels-3.jpg
model-x-wheels-4.jpg
model-x-wheels-5.jpg
model-x-wheels-6.jpg
model-x-wheels-7.jpg

I know this is an old for sale thread and also sent a msg to the OP but perhaps someone can answer this for me.

From what I understand model S and X TPMS are different. Do model X sensors program into model S just fine? Or S sensors fit into X wheels?

I know this is an old for sale thread and also sent a msg to the OP but perhaps someone can answer this for me.

From what I understand model S and X TPMS are different. Do model X sensors program into model S just fine? Or S sensors fit into X wheels?

I'm sure someone else can give you better information, but a quick search of www.tirerack.com shows that current model S and model X use the same sensor (#2168). Somewhere back 2014 and prior the model S had a different sensor (#2112). Hope that helps.

I know way late to the party on this thread, but the Model X wheels look great on the Model S. The extra 5 mm in offset pushes the tires out to the edge of the fenders for a much sportier look. Not a fan of the top heavy 19" slip stream wheels, but these look great. Would be nice if Tesla offered this as an option. Sure, you lose efficiency since the wheels are heavier (but not heavier than the 21's already offered) and since you'll suffer a little on aero, but I'm sure MANY would love this option over the 21" wheels. Still get more tire for better ride quality and Tesla already makes them, so they would just need to resource additional tire sizes which wouldn't cost them anything.

I just traded in my 2016 S75D on Saturday with this very same setup. Perfect balance of aesthetics and function IMO. After 3 summer seasons I can confirm that the efficiency hit wasn’t nearly as significant as I thought it would be. Last six of VIN is 139372 if anyone is looking for a loaded, excellent condition, low mileage and trouble free S75D. Not sure how long it takes Tesla to upload new CPO inventory but my guess is it will be listed “soon”.

Reactions: SilverGS