Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM All Weather Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

So the consensus with the 2021 model Y's, a lot of the third party manufactures don't have the mats updated yet. (I know there's some in the works).

But does anyone know if the ones straight from Tesla have them updated with the new driver side so there's no gap?

I'm in Canada so my choices are limited as when I price out some third parties, the shipping + conversion = almost the cost of the All Weather mats from Tesla.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what 'no gap' means?
But I ordered from Tesla even before I took delivery.
They are very high quality -- and they don't stink (smell, outgass.)
They are cupped up on the edges and will contain a lot of water and debris. Great for our sloppy weather in Montana.
Worth the cost!
And free shipping!

I'm not sure what 'no gap' means?
But I ordered from Tesla even before I took delivery.
They are very high quality -- and they don't stink (smell, outgass.)
They are cupped up on the edges and will contain a lot of water and debris. Great for our sloppy weather in Montana.
Worth the cost!
And free shipping!
Tesla redesigned the seat mount/riser for the front seats in the Model Y. Floor mats and floor liners designed for the original front seat design won't extend all of the way to base of the new seat riser mount. The leading edge of the original front seat riser mount sloped to the back of the Model Y like this "/" The leading edge of the redesigned front seat mount angles forward like this "\" The difference is about a half inch. Some front seat floor liners extend a bit deeper under the front seat seat in the area bounded by the seat riser mounts. Other floor liners extend straight across.

22EAE915-8A43-479F-A1D0-6FF214C7D2ED.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C9CBE74-C10E-4BDA-AEBB-3C8C55B44BB7.jpeg
    5C9CBE74-C10E-4BDA-AEBB-3C8C55B44BB7.jpeg
    713.6 KB · Views: 377
  • A975C6D0-3644-41A4-BC1E-70597FEA2F8E.jpeg
    A975C6D0-3644-41A4-BC1E-70597FEA2F8E.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 392
  • A72AC70C-3C84-42E9-92A2-A30CEBAC7488.jpeg
    A72AC70C-3C84-42E9-92A2-A30CEBAC7488.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 352
Reactions: CocoNutz
You can see the gap in the second photo.
Something I would have never noticed unless pointed out. Nevertheless, very nice mats. All weather mats are a must with our environment here in Montana. We get summer about July 5th, and winter about Sept 4th. (just kidding.) I've purchased a full set of 'factory' mats for all my new vehicles for the past 20 years - sure has saved on the flooring material.

The WeatherTech floor liners have a large WeatherTech logo. Front row and second row: $190 US. The Tesla floor liners have no logo (WeatherTech logo is molded into bottom of the Tesla floor liner.) $225. Other accessories including the Rear Trunk Liner: Tesla: $130, WeatherTech: $119.

The WeatherTech floor liners have a large WeatherTech logo. Front row and second row: $190 US. The Tesla floor liners have no logo (WeatherTech logo is molded into bottom of the Tesla floor liner.) $225. Other accessories including the Rear Trunk Liner: Tesla: $130, WeatherTech: $119.

The other thing to consider is that, at least from the pics on both their respective websites, the Tesla mats are straight-across the rear of both front seats, while the WeatherTech have a section that juts out a little under the seat. We have a set of WeatherTech on order, which should arrive a week or two after [sadly] our MY.

Hi everyone,

So the consensus with the 2021 model Y's, a lot of the third party manufactures don't have the mats updated yet. (I know there's some in the works).

But does anyone know if the ones straight from Tesla have them updated with the new driver side so there's no gap?

I'm in Canada so my choices are limited as when I price out some third parties, the shipping + conversion = almost the cost of the All Weather mats from Tesla.

Thanks in advance.
We actually designed and just finished producing our Model Y 2021 mats and are shipping out before the end of the week!

Yes, I looked into your brand but you have no details about shipping to Canada if it includes duties or not. Or if warranty will be covered in Canada...or anything Canada related lol.

@tshields I really like the look of your product and wanted it, but unfortunately I wasn't able to sway my partner 😢. Sharing is hard!

@CocoNutz those are some good points as well that I hadn't really thought about.

Our warranty will be covered in Canada! We have shipped to Canada before and never heard a complaint or any mention of duties or import taxes.
Update:
after speaking with our shipping partners in Canada, they said that they occasionally do charge customers a 10-15% import tax fee once it’s delivered. Now again from my experience in speaking with our Canadian customers whom we have shipped to, have not mentioned an additional charge.