Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor OEM Facelift bumper on my 2013 P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla said it couldn't be done but the folks at SDR in Cockeysville, Maryland, working cooperatively with me (I was probably a real PIA for them) did it: installed a Tesla OEM facelift bumper on my 2013 nosecone car. Several major changes and custom fabrication was required to get it all to work including:,
  • Installation of the facelift hood, which is a bit longer and has a slightly different shape at the front.
  • Fabrication of a new latch for the hood
  • Some modifications to the backside of the bumper where the vents are fitted
  • Some custom fiberglass work on the underside of the hood so the rubber seal between the hood and the frunk edges line up (my frunk is the larger 2013 version which is about twice the size of facelift franks
  • Modifications to the frunk lower and side trim panels
Haven't tallied the costs yet but a substantial part of it was covered by my insurance owing to a minor fever bender that managed my original bumper.

See this thread for the boring details. Here are a few photos. Many more to follow when I get the car back this week.

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_23991.JPG

Side note, looks like you have the oem 16/17 lights. How did that work out?

Those are headlight modified by Evan Patak. He replaced the projectors with Lexus RX350s; Morimoto ballasts, ignitors, and bulbs; painted the housings black, frosted the turn signal band, and added a demon eye. See this thread for details on his work. They are far better than stock and perform much better than the new Tesla LED headlamps. See this thread for performance shots.

• Informative
Reactions: Indpowr
Those are headlight modified by Evan Patak. He replaced the projectors with Lexus RX350s; Morimoto ballasts, ignitors, and bulbs; painted the housings black, frosted the turn signal band, and added a demon eye. See this thread for details on his work. They are far better than stock and perform much better than the new Tesla LED headlamps. See this thread for performance shots.

Sounds sick. Could you DM me the cost. Curious. I would need to be out of warranty before I mod that heavy lmao. I have 6 years left and only 8k miles on mine.