Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM facelift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My buddy is working on a OEM face lift for this 2014 model S. Never knew it was so much work. Here is how it looks currently
596933509.jpg

Another option you can do..which is easier and cost a lot less. Use your old bracket and weld it onto the new hood. Your double latch bracket will need to be cut down to be shorter and you are done.
Do you have a video or know of one filming it being done? I’m also doing a new hood and have done a few bumpers already but want it to be perfect with a small gap and don’t want the bumper tho stick out at all cuz I’m using a prior design bumper with carbon fiber hood

Do you have a video or know of one filming it being done? I’m also doing a new hood and have done a few bumpers already but want it to be perfect with a small gap and don’t want the bumper tho stick out at all cuz I’m using a prior design bumper with carbon fiber hood
Sorry, there aren't any videos of it being done anywhere (i checked). I will take pictures once it is out of the body shop from paint.

n
Sorry, there aren't any videos of it being done anywhere (i checked). I will take pictures once it is out of the body shop from paint.
Thanks... did you do the hood yourself already? Or did they and painiting it too?
If you did it I would love to know what you did exactly as I see the brackets I would remove however idk if they transfer over. I’m probably going to have more issues buying and aftermarket hood than the usual I suspect as they recommend or say to use pins as well which I am absolutely not going to do lol.
I wonder if the aftermarket automatic frunk opener would allow for an easier solution and maybe the only way to do it with the carbon hood. I doubt it but at least it adds more stability in case I chose to disregard a mount due to the carbon fiber.
Mine is already a single latch as the automatic frunk opener is only compatible with 2016 and newer model s’s it says but works with any single latch as a member on here posted a video installing it on his older model s with a single latch.
Btw where did you get your hood and how much did you pay since Tesla charges $1100 unpainted and eBay never has ones without damage

We did the install ourselves. Took about an hour to install the new hood and bracket. Once I get the car back, I will take pictures of the position of the new bracket. First we tried using the old double loop bracket but it was too long. So we decided to change everything to the newer year.
tony & david on Instagram: “WE finally finished our facelifted hood project!!!! Facelifted hood onto a signature model . Off to get painted this week. Any suggestions…”
If you have a single latch prefacelift Model S do you need to make any changes to the latches? Here’s how my hood looks with the single latch
6A7934E2-9583-4192-8B16-BE2F87A278D9.jpeg
D654D5E9-7A9A-4AF0-8D25-793B8D394D38.jpeg

We did the install ourselves. Took about an hour to install the new hood and bracket. Once I get the car back, I will take pictures of the position of the new bracket. First we tried using the old double loop bracket but it was too long. So we decided to change everything to the newer year.
tony & david on Instagram: “WE finally finished our facelifted hood project!!!! Facelifted hood onto a signature model . Off to get painted this week. Any suggestions…”
Well that was not very difficult at all. One problem I believe the stryker or single latch for the ole Model s is too long and is hitting the spring before it can close all the way. Not trying to buy a whole new latch but may. Going to Tesla now. Looks so much better as is.
I actually got the old hood to not look terrible but still that inch of the bumper sticking out drives me crazy. Now only issue is my hood is too light to close with the struts so need to find weaker ones or see if the motorized frunk actually pulls the hood downward when it closes. Carbon fiber hood is the way to go

702111B7-2E01-49DC-A48C-44FEB2D2368D.jpeg
6D18C7AE-5C01-4B68-BB04-099F42F879FE.jpeg
D90E5A02-86D5-4731-80E8-7D04F009DFAE.jpeg

Old hood to the new carbon hood not closing all the way. It did with the striker but it hits the spring.

890437A0-6A12-4862-A947-50C79DFC684A.jpeg
C3F25459-EB45-417B-AD13-826AAAD2ACF0.jpeg
F04B6C5B-1BFE-4EE8-ADC2-10F45206F1F2.jpeg
E9818CF3-B99D-4763-8652-C33122A2B27E.jpeg