Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Looking Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, mine came with GPS.
I have the camera in my shopping cart ready to pull the trigger. The posted videos and feedback have been great, I wish this had more of a following, it seems like the more complicated to install devices have more support in the community. Not withstanding front/rear facing and image quality as legitimate reasons. That said, is there anyway to access the video feed from your phone through the app when you are away from the car or if the motion shock sensor is triggered? The idea of recording or viewing occurrences when your not driving seems like the only piece of the puzzle missing from this device..Your insight, response is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

I have the camera in my shopping cart ready to pull the trigger. The posted videos and feedback have been great, I wish this had more of a following, it seems like the more complicated to install devices have more support in the community. Not withstanding front/rear facing and image quality as legitimate reasons. That said, is there anyway to access the video feed from your phone through the app when you are away from the car or if the motion shock sensor is triggered? The idea of recording or viewing occurrences when your not driving seems like the only piece of the puzzle missing from this device..Your insight, response is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

The cam only outputs wifi when it is turned on, and it's only on when the car is on, so there is no way to access the footage remotely. I generally find it faster to pull footage just taking the sim card out than trying to download it using the wifi.

Screenshot_20161203-085415.png Screenshot_20161203-085402.png Screenshot_20161203-085341.png Screenshot_20161203-085351.png Here are some screenshots of the TonView app showing settings options.

No. Apparently there is a way to tap always on power, but I don't know how to do it.

To my understanding, inside the bluetooth mic array, there is an unused wire coupling that will supply always on power. The mic array housing should come off fairly easy via pulling by hand.

Similar cameras can be purchased cheaper from a couple other re-sellers at AliExpress. Though their product photos are all over the place.

Last edited:
To my understanding, inside the bluetooth mic array, there is an unused wire coupling that will supply always on power. The mic array housing should come off fairly easy via pulling by hand.

Similar cameras can be purchased cheaper from a couple other re-sellers at AliExpress. Though their product photos are all over the place.

that's interesting.
Did anybody pull the trigger on this? the title says tesla but the photo shows pretty much a different item