Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM mudflaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There isn't an OEM set of mudflaps for the rear. It isn't necessary for the car. The fronts are very necessary and OEM fits great and does a good job of knocking alot of the wash from the front tires down before it hits the side of your car.

You will still want ppf.

Reactions: Profink
I did both OEM mudflaps and OEM PPF. I brought the mudflaps to my delivery appointment and installed them before driving off the lot. Real easy to install, all you need is a flat head screwdriver to pop off the old clips.

I installed the PPF after about ~1.5k miles, and the paint on those panels was fine, so the mudflaps did a good job.

The Tesla flaps are ok, and they do work. Here's a comparison with Rally Armor.

For those that have the OEM flaps. I saw a picture of a model Y where non original mud flpas where removed and it scuffed the paint terribly. Probably due to moving around due to wind or scrapping becuase of speedbumps.

Can you comment on the paint underneath the flaps?

For those that have the OEM flaps. I saw a picture of a model Y where non original mud flpas where removed and it scuffed the paint terribly. Probably due to moving around due to wind or scrapping becuase of speedbumps.

Can you comment on the paint underneath the flaps?
The Tesla OEM mud flaps don't touch the paint.

1634443-00-A_0.jpeg

I have them and the work great. Really easy install. I grew to love the look. They blend well. And they do rub on some speed bumps but no issues so far. I usually take speed bumps slowly as that’s how I learned to drive.