Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM of drive shaft?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

as most of you know, Tesla uses components of different manufacturer as Mercedes or Land Rover .

Does somebody know who produces the drive shaft of the Model S? I can't believe that such a common part is really just made for the Tesla. I'm especially interested in that part that is connected to the gear box.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Differentialseitig.jpg
    Differentialseitig.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 672
Hey guys,

as most of you know, Tesla uses components of different manufacturer as Mercedes or Land Rover .

Does somebody know who produces the drive shaft of the Model S? I can't believe that such a common part is really just made for the Tesla. I'm especially interested in that part that is connected to the gear box.

Many thanks!
I'm not sure but that's got to be one heck of a strong part to handle the amount of torque in the P85D! I think about the drive shaft often when doing launches. 0-60 with all that weight must be a tremendous strain. I wonder if a future model may take advantage of carbon fiber driveshaft technology like the BMW M4? Good way to save weight.

I'm surprised we haven't seen broken driveshafts....