Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Spoiler coming off on Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F97367EC-49E3-4623-8E58-F9D4FA936270.jpeg

Reactions: Occupied Mars
Any advantages for oem vs aftermarket? I got a pure carbon fiber spoiler from Amazon for $160 but I don't like the ends since I can see the tape. Would it be better to return it and get the official oem one for $800+ tax?
I wouldn't pay for the OEM spoiler - have it replaced under warranty. If you want to stop needing replacements, then pay that much but buy one from a reputable reseller such as Unplugged or TSportline. I tried to get the Unplugged one but it was back ordered so I got a TSportline spoiler and love it.

Reactions: dragoon9988
I would not get the OEM.

I had mine replaced from Tesla Roadside via warranty but now this 2nd one is also coming off the edges.

I think when the adhesive comes up more Im going to replace it with a Maier Racing one and add additional 3M double sided tape especially on the edges.

Reactions: dragoon9988
Had mine replaced 4 total times, 3 mobile service , 1 service center. I gave up. It's coming up again. I'll probably just remove it and go aftermarket.

I got rear ended a few weeks ago with minor damage. But they need to replace the hatch so if it stays this time cool, if not aftermarket it is. Local body shop probably will do it better than Tesla anyway.
Can I have one of them?