Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor OEM Spoiler VS Duckbill Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AOSK

Former Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
california
It's always a good idea to add some sporty look to your Model Y with a spoiler, it is the easiest exterior mod to make the Model Y looks even better. (IMO of course:oops:)

Which one would you or had you go for? The OEM spoiler, or Duckbill spoiler? (yes, we sell both, we are a vendor😆)

124spoiler2.jpg
124spoiler3.jpg

Duckbill Spoiler Amazon Link
Click this Duckbill

OEM Spoiler Amazon Link
Click this for the OEM

The duckbill spoiler is a whole new made, it might look similar to some spoiler on the market(including our previous performance spoiler), but the inside is totally different, it is made with blow-molding technic, give it a better strength, better fitment, and larger trunk contact surface. No more pain on the fitment.
So if you are not sure which vendor to purchase a spoiler for your Model Y, AOSK could be a reliable choice, and we are proud of our customer service.

124spoiler.jpg

I've had no luck fitting an OEM style spoiler to my Y, hell Tesla has trouble with that. I'd want a spoiler with more surface area to ensure the corners stay adhered to the car. Then I'd want to know about any efficiency or range impacts. So the Duckbill spoiler would get my vote.

Reactions: AOSK
I've had no luck fitting an OEM style spoiler to my Y, hell Tesla has trouble with that. I'd want a spoiler with more surface area to ensure the corners stay adhered to the car. Then I'd want to know about any efficiency or range impacts. So the Duckbill spoiler would get my vote.
yes, this is also some issue we had encountered in the past, and we decided to use blow molding technic and recreate new molding to these spoilers. they definitely give them a better fitment and a much large trunk contact surface to make sure the spoiler goes perfect in long term.

Will you have the matte carbon fiber on the v2 duckbill, I only see v1 available. How much better is the fit on v1 vs v2 and is there any size differences?
Do you think we should have a matt carbon on V2? if yes then we will probably provide some in the future. and the fitment on v2 is gorgeous (it was a pain when we decided to make a new molding), the V1 and some other spoilers on the market use injection molding, which has less contact surface between the spoiler and the car surface, besides that, since the design on the V-shape itself, the shape of the spoiler could be changed a little bit when the spoiler is taken out from the injection molding and thus causing a fitment issue(especially at the two ends). But blow-molding won't have this issue, I attached a video showing the fitment.
We also recreated a blow-molding OEM spoiler at the same time.

AOSK V2 Duckbill

Reactions: Spam2Yam
My Photos didn't work... Let's try this again!!!

After some time with the V1 spoiler, I couldn’t pass it up when Aosk dropped V2, and all I can say is wow 🤩 I don’t review everything, only Quality, and this looks amazing! The finish is unreal!!! The fit is perfect, Took me no time at all to install. I added a photo of V1 (for someone who wants a more low profile look) V2 (for someone who wants to turn heads)
241BD347-CF5B-462E-9B4E-B5586E5E143C.jpeg
48F11690-3BD9-4FAD-8A8F-642D76AAC7CD.jpeg

My Photos didn't work... Let's try this again!!!

After some time with the V1 spoiler, I couldn’t pass it up when Aosk dropped V2, and all I can say is wow 🤩 I don’t review everything, only Quality, and this looks amazing! The finish is unreal!!! The fit is perfect, Took me no time at all to install. I added a photo of V1 (for someone who wants a more low profile look) V2 (for someone who wants to turn heads)
View attachment 791285View attachment 791286
wow! thank you so much for the sharing