Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Spoilers on eBay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CoastieM3

Helicopter Pilot / M3 Driver
Jul 24, 2021
SF
Any thoughts on “new” OEM spoilers on eBay?

Why would someone have an $800 spoiler from Tesla for $250?

I like the look of the spoiler but do not want to pay $800 for one. I also don’t want to buy a POS aftermarket that will fall apart in 6 months.

Appreciate any insight.

Any thoughts on “new” OEM spoilers on eBay?

Why would someone have an $800 spoiler from Tesla for $250?

I like the look of the spoiler but do not want to pay $800 for one. I also don’t want to buy a POS aftermarket that will fall apart in 6 months.

Appreciate any insight.

IMO and my best guess is the the spoiler market price was set prior to the spoiler being available on shop.tesla.com (it became available in early to mid 2020...I don't really remember exactly when). Before it was on tesla's site, I used to look at the them whenever they popped up in the for sale forum or eBay and the price was generally around $300 for new unused/never attached and around $250 for removed/adhesive needs to be removed/adhesive needs to be reapplied. Some people have tried to sell them in the for sale forum for 800 since that's what they are going for on shop.tesla.com but it doesn't seem like they ever move at that price. From what I've seen, they drop the price to around $300 and then it gets sold.

I bought an used oem spoiler on this forum for around $200 (Originally asked $700). I had to remove and reapply the adhesive...it wasn't too bad, it just takes a lot longer than you think it will. And 1 of the ends of the spoiler pulled off after a few weeks...I've been too lazy to try to make it better.

Good luck!

Reactions: CoastieM3
IMO and my best guess is the the spoiler market price was set prior to the spoiler being available on shop.tesla.com (it became available in early to mid 2020...I don't really remember exactly when). Before it was on tesla's site, I used to look at the them whenever they popped up in the for sale forum or eBay and the price was generally around $300 for new unused/never attached and around $250 for removed/adhesive needs to be removed/adhesive needs to be reapplied. Some people have tried to sell them in the for sale forum for 800 since that's what they are going for on shop.tesla.com but it doesn't seem like they ever move at that price. From what I've seen, they drop the price to around $300 and then it gets sold.

I bought an used oem spoiler on this forum for around $200 (Originally asked $700). I had to remove and reapply the adhesive...it wasn't too bad, it just takes a lot longer than you think it will. And 1 of the ends of the spoiler pulled off after a few weeks...I've been too lazy to try to make it better.

Good luck!
Right on. Appreciate the insight.

Link pls , and installed pic , for a fellow Canuck :)
I don’t have a link because I ordered it in the app but here are the details:

WJM Matt Long Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler for Tesla Model 3 Trunk Lip Spoiler Wing Rear Spoiler Lip Kit Exterior Rear Spoiler Kit for Tesla Model 3 2017 2018 2019. (Matte)​

It fit my 2020 and I have to admit to a lie...it was $210 CAD. Right now it’s showing unavailable. I don’t have any pics of it installed and my car is filthy so you aren’t getting any today 😂