Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Tesla Model S Refresh Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI - the oem flaps they just released are HUGE. As-is they scrape over driveway curbs even with suspension on medium. Even after cutting 1" off the bottom, they still scrape during spirited driving if suspension is on low and sport.

That doesn't seem right. I'd report that back to Tesla. Tesla SSO - Sign In You can probably return them as not fitting correctly if you want, or cut some more off....

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Thankfully I'm on the list for M4H4X flaps which based on pics do not have this issue. FYI they were not molded incorrectly or anything, the fit/finish is perfect, this was by design. I suspect many others are going to have this issue and wait to see what unfolds.

Pics of the piece I trimmed off before the mountain run, and a pic of the flaps after the mountain run (with tons of scraping) on low suspension setting

Attachments

• IMG_6455 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_6455 - Copy.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6456 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_6456 - Copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Let them scrape. What is the issue? The material is soft for that purpose. I'd rather have a $40 product scraped than my $8k paint job. I also like the flaps for $40 vs. going full PPF for $4 grand which will also be destroyed from debris blasting against it.

They are held in with two small plastic friction push pins. One of the pins goes directly into a rocker mount. I would rather use a pair of scissors and cut off the 3" that will wear away vs risk having a rocker ripped off the car.

I don’t think I’ve EVER received any reply communication from that email. It’s a stark reality, Tesla Customer Service is just plain lousy. Cars are great, however!

BTW, all the scraping I’ve experienced is on speed bumps or dips, neither of which are taken at high speed. Accordingly, I don’t think there is any danger of these things getting ripped off from the two push pins. If anything, they’ll just get worn down over time, which is something I can live with.

Reactions: jebinc
I don’t think I’ve EVER received any reply communication from that email. It’s a stark reality, Tesla Customer Service is just plain lousy. Cars are great, however!

BTW, all the scraping I’ve experienced is on speed bumps or dips, neither of which are taken at high speed. Accordingly, I don’t think there is any danger of these things getting ripped off from the two push pins. If anything, they’ll just get worn down over time, which is something I can live with.
The Tesla flaps on my MYP also scrape going over speed bumps, so no different. I have no issue with that.