Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Tire losing air - Service Center or Tire shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the tires (18" rims) on my car is losing air pressure. I've had the car since mid-November, i first had a TPMS pop up in Jan or Feb, thought strange, but filled it up and went on with my life. I haven't really been driving it recently, maybe a few miles once a week since early March. Well the tire was down to 35psi yesterday. Checked this morning it's down to 33psi.

Since the car has a whole 3,200 miles, normally (non-Tesla) I would go back to the dealership, see what they say. I filled out a Service appointment this morning (My first one), and it's asking me to approve the estimate of almost $450. It says if it's a warranty item I will not be charged, but I'm guessing Tesla will say OEM tires don't have a warranty. Would I be better off taking it to a local tire shop like Discount Tire and seeing what they say about it first? Has anyone had tire issues this soon, and if so did Tesla do anything to fix/replace at a discount?

You sure you don't just have a nail in your tire or something? Bothering the service center with a nail/flat issue is pretty silly.

Treat it like any other flat issue. I HIGHLY doubt Tesla would cover this under warranty unless you managed to bend a rim which is unlikely, and even then they can claim you just hit a pothole too hard.

Take it to a local tire shop. Or, better yet, just check the tire yourself and see if there's a nail. If there is, stop wasting a service center's time and take it Discount (or whoever) and try to get the flat fixed.

Reactions: destructure00