Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM tires: where to go for tire rotation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I am at slightly above 9000 miles now for my car, just used my tire tread gauge and my backs are about 6.5/32 inches, and my fronts are about 8/32 inches. At this rate, I should probably rotate my tires soon.

As OEM tires aren't bought from tire shops, where do you all go to get your tires rotated? Is Discount/America's Tires a good option for free?

I have heard Tesla does tire rotations first time for free, is this a regional/limited time thing, or is it still available to all Tesla owners? Thanks.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Personally, I just rotate them myself. It takes all of about 15 minutes with an impact gun and a pair of floor jacks. Any shop should be able to do this for you. There's nothing magic or proprietary about rotating the tires.

Best,

p.s. You may want to invest in something like these and hand them to the tech that is going to do the work. You don't want to scratch/mangle/damage anything under the car: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QR19NM9

Best,

Reactions: lUtriaNt and Phlier
Hey all,

I am at slightly above 9000 miles now for my car, just used my tire tread gauge and my backs are about 6.5/32 inches, and my fronts are about 8/32 inches. At this rate, I should probably rotate my tires soon.

As OEM tires aren't bought from tire shops, where do you all go to get your tires rotated? Is Discount/America's Tires a good option for free?

I have heard Tesla does tire rotations first time for free, is this a regional/limited time thing, or is it still available to all Tesla owners? Thanks.
Americas tire

Reactions: lUtriaNt