Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM trunk storage bin (right side) for 2022 MYLR ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a Fremont built MYLR Feb 2023, it has the same issue. Right size won't fit. Even you squeeze it in by force, one corner has a big wrinkle. And the lid is in the way of the trunk lid. Have to return it. When I order it, I don't remember any warning it won't fit. But now if I try to order it again, it says it is not compatible with my model. Ugh...

At least, it is not the car they built not fitting into the bin...

Hi, does anyone know if any of these storage bins do fit into a Model Y Performance from Germany (september 2022 build)?

In the app it says that’s not compatible. But there’s a new one for half carpeted versions. I do get the same message in the app that even that one is not compatible. Anyone with experience? I don’t want Aliexpress stuff.

Seems Tesla still hasn't actually fixed this issue.

I have a 2023 Model Y, 5 seater, “full carpet” trunk. I ordered the “full carpet” storage bins, but the one on the passenger side still doesn’t fit correctly. The rubber bin part fits, but the lid does not.

The P/N on the box I received is 1897504-00-A, and it says it’s for "Model Y 5 Seat (Structural Pack)”. My Model Y doesn’t have a structural pack, as it’s a LR AWD built in Fremont.

On advice of my local Tesla sales guy, I ordered "half carpet" ones. They don't fit either, as others in this thread have mentioned. As it stands, I don't believe there are any bins that will bit a 2023 Model Y 5 seater with non-structural pack, but Tesla's shop suggests otherwise.

I have a 2023 Model Y, 5 seater, “full carpet” trunk. I ordered the “full carpet” storage bins, but the one on the passenger side still doesn’t fit correctly. The rubber bin part fits, but the lid does not.

The P/N on the box I received is 1897504-00-A, and it says it’s for "Model Y 5 Seat (Structural Pack)”. My Model Y doesn’t have a structural pack, as it’s a LR AWD built in Fremont.

On advice of my local Tesla sales guy, I ordered "half carpet" ones. They don't fit either, as others in this thread have mentioned. As it stands, I don't believe there are any bins that will bit a 2023 Model Y 5 seater with non-structural pack, but Tesla's shop suggests otherwise.
There's no official storage bin for a Model Y Performance. Just order somewhere on Amazon or Aliexpress. I also did that, better than waiting for Tesla which can take years....

Model Y deliveries from Austin or Fremont after October 2022 are a little different from the right trunk bin, see the below photo.
Tesla Model Y side trunk storage German berlin.jpg

We have the option of the trunk bin for the Model Y delivery from Austin and Fremont.

Independence Day 25% off for all products!!