Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Wireless Charger Irregularity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since I bought my 2021 the wireless charger has worked perfectly on both my personal iPhone 12 and my work phone, which is an iPhone Xr. I’ve never had a case on the iPhone Xr and randomly 2 weeks ago the wireless charger stopped charging it. I always keep my work phone on the right and I thought maybe just the right side died. However the wireless charger will charge my iPhone 12 on both sides but it will not charge the iPhone Xr on either side. I’ve reset (both hard and soft) my Tesla with no change. My iPhone 12 has a MagSafe case so idk if I should try buying a MagSafe case for my work phone. Not wanting to buy a case that might not work or go to Tesla service for a charger that suddenly stopped charging an iPhone XR. Any ideas, suggestions, tips?

Based on my experience with the 2020 wireless charger, the actual "sweet spot" is unbelievably small. I have an iPhone mini and have just given up on trying to align it perfectly. It's basically made for a phone with the exact dimensions of the regular iPhone 12 and anything larger or smaller may over/under hit the charging coils.

I am guessing your phone starts off charging and then just stops after a few seconds, and then possibly starts up again later.