Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Of Course I Still Love You is on the move...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MIGHTY SERVANT 1 is continuing to make excellent progress northwards averaging 12.5kts in the last 24 hours.
She is currently about 250NM west of the Nicaraguan coastline.
Her local weather is generally fine with perhaps the odd isolated thunderstorm with heavy showers.
Hurricane Enrique remains a category 1 hurricane for the moment and is unlikely to strenghen further. It is currently centred out to sea between Puerta Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas and continues to move slowly northwards.
The hope is that by the time MIGHTY SERVANT 1 arrives in the area the hurricane will have decayed to something much less dangerous. The forecasters are predicting that we may see the first indications of decay later tomorrow.

Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 16.24.17.png

MIGHTY SERVANT 1 and OCISLY continue to make steady progress northwards at just over 12 kts.
The weather for the next 24 hours or so should continue to be pretty good with partly cloudy skies and just a risk of an occasional heavy shower but Thursday onwards she will have entered an area of overcast skies with frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain. The good news is that this weather is very localised and overall wind and sea states should remain quite low.

Enrique hasn't moved far in the last 24 hours and remains centred at the mouth of the Sea of Cortez roughly halfway between Puerta Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas.
Enrique has now been downgraded from a hurricane to a Tropical Storm and it is hoped that the storm will decay further down to a Tropical Depression by tomorrow. This decay is happening much faster than originally forecast and is great news for MIGHTY SERVANT 1.

MIGHTY SERVANT 1 continues to head north along the Mexican coast at just over 12 kts in calm seas and light winds.
She is presently about 150 NM south of Acapulco.
The weather should continue to be fine for the rest of today with the risk of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow.

Enrique, at the time of writing just qualifies as a Tropical Storm as it arrives over Baja California and if it continues to decay at its present rate it will be downgraded to a Tropical Depression within the next hour or so and fizzle out completely later tomorrow, which is good news for MIGHTY SERVANT 1.

MIGHTY SERVANT 1 continues to maintain a cruising speed of just over 12 kts as she heads up the Pacific coast of Mexico. She is currently about 230NM due west of Acapulco.

As expected Enrique quickly filled and briefly became a Tropical Depression yesterday before dissapating into 'remnants of Enrique'. Those remnants appear to be largely in the Sea of Cortez ie the eastern side of Baja California Sur and so MIGHTY SERVANT 1 should now have a clear run up to Long Beach.

MIGHTY SERVANT 1 with OCISLY onboard continues northwards along the Pacific coast of Mexico however in the last 24 hrs progress has slowed to below 12 kts. The weather is fine, a light headwind and no appreciable swell and so I am putting it down to the California Current, a cold current that runs from north to south along the Pacific coast. I'm a little surprised that she is affected by it as I always thought this current ran pretty close to the coast and MIGHTY SERVANT 1 is 150NM off the coast at the moment.
We'll see how she gets on over the next 24hrs but one thing she needs to do is stay well off the coast.

but one thing she needs to do is stay well off the coast.
So here we are 24 hours later and she is now 100NM west of Cabo San Lucas and closer to the coast! It's almost as if it's one of my offspring steering that ship.

She planned to arrive in Long Beach at 0100 local on Tuesday morning however I don't think that is achievable at her present speed of under 12 kts. In my experience, the California Current will become stronger as she moves northwards and so I reckon a more realistic ETA would be 1800 local on Tuesday.

The weather is fine, a slight headwind but that's about it.