Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Of Course I Still Love You is on the move...

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
As we get our first look at OCISLY mounted on the back of MIGHTY SERVANT 1 I think we can see that the wing extensions have been completely removed. This explains what she was probably having done in the dockyard in Freeport.

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 13.08.42.png

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Mr Miserable said:
As we get our first look at OCISLY mounted on the back of MIGHTY SERVANT 1 I think we can see that the wing extensions have been completely removed. This explains what she was probably having done in the dockyard in Freeport.

Actually I believe the wings have not been removed. In that picture above we can see the platform extending past the side hull of the ship. In addition the full landing circle is visible and what I believe is the name of the ship on the platform edge nearest us.

As per this photo, it looks like the writing and portions of the landing circle extend on to the wings:
1624628653699.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 808?

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Actually I believe the wings have not been removed. In that picture above we can see the platform extending past the side hull of the ship. In addition the full landing circle is visible and what I believe is the name of the ship on the platform edge nearest us.

As per this photo, it looks like the writing and portions of the landing circle extend on to the wings:
View attachment 677562
I can see what you mean, you're most probably correct.

miimura

Aug 21, 2013
Los Altos, CA
It looks like Mighty Servant 1 has moved into the first of the Cocoli locks. It appears that the webcam is looking at the end of the first and the beginning of the second locks. So, MS1 is probably out of frame to the left.

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
As MIGHTY SERVANT 1 heads into the Eastern Pacific she will be watching the weather enroute carefully.
Her next leg is about 2912 NM and she is estimating to arrive in Long Beach on 6 July.
She will need to maintain around 12.5kts all the way to achieve this which I think may be a bit on the ambitious side judging by her performance on the first leg to Panama.
She has about 48 hrs of isolated thunderstorms with occasional heavy showers ahead of her before breaking out into another 48 hrs or so of fine weather before arriving into an area of concern weatherwise.
Tropical Storm Enrique has formed off the Mexican coast near Acapulco and will slowly head north strengthening as it does so. The current bet is the Enrique will develop into a Category 2 hurricane. The problem with this storm is that it is forecast to move slowly and the hope will be that it will drift out to sea rather than hug the coastline. At the moment I think it unlikely that MIGHTY SERVANT 1 will catch this storm up.
The problem is that it looks possible that another storm may form behind Enrique and this is what I shall be looking for over the coming days.

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare

Lance Boyle

May 26, 2021
As MIGHTY SERVANT 1 heads into the Eastern Pacific she will be watching the weather enroute carefully.
Her next leg is about 2912 NM and she is estimating to arrive in Long Beach on 6 July.
She will need to maintain around 12.5kts all the way to achieve this which I think may be a bit on the ambitious side judging by her performance on the first leg to Panama.
She has about 48 hrs of isolated thunderstorms with occasional heavy showers ahead of her before breaking out into another 48 hrs or so of fine weather before arriving into an area of concern weatherwise.
Tropical Storm Enrique has formed off the Mexican coast near Acapulco and will slowly head north strengthening as it does so. The current bet is the Enrique will develop into a Category 2 hurricane. The problem with this storm is that it is forecast to move slowly and the hope will be that it will drift out to sea rather than hug the coastline. At the moment I think it unlikely that MIGHTY SERVANT 1 will catch this storm up.
The problem is that it looks possible that another storm may form behind Enrique and this is what I shall be looking for over the coming days.
Any Knowledge Of Shipping Movements Out Of PhilaPort U.S.A.?

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Since departing the Panama Canal MIGHTY SERVANT 1 has been making about 12 kts enroute to Long Beach.
Tropical Storm Enrique is now Hurricane Enrique, a category 1 hurricane that forecasters now estimate will not deepen further and will slowly head north before fizzling out as it reaches Baja California around Thursday.
The chances of a secondary storm forming have now receeded which is great news for MIGHTY SERVANT 1.

Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 16.24.17.png

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC