Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off center Blackvue install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever placed their blackvue camera off center? Wondering how that would affect things. I have an install scheduled soon and I'm really on the fence about how intrusive it looks below the rearview mirror area. Would you lose much coverage having it off to the side?
dcUXtI9.jpg

The BlackVue has a fixed collar, allowing the camera to be tilted up or down for fine adjustment on the vertical axis. The wide angle lens has enough coverage side to side, but it might still be looking a bit off. I'd suggest to pair up the camera with your phone and do a preview before mounting it permanently to the windshield. That way you can make a judgement if it works or not based on your preference.

Sorry for the lighting, but this is the location I installed my blackvue directly behind the rear view mirror. From the drivers seat it is completely obscured by the mirror, though you can easily see it from the passenger seat. I feel like the location you indicated would be very visible to both seats.

AAD396A0-0E6F-4436-84D8-CFAFD42F2A4F.jpeg EAA88951-F7E3-4C75-B32C-A11C8E5B60A2.jpeg

Sorry for the lighting, but this is the location I installed my blackvue directly behind the rear view mirror. From the drivers seat it is completely obscured by the mirror, though you can easily see it from the passenger seat. I feel like the location you indicated would be very visible to both seats.

View attachment 336231 View attachment 336232

I don't think it can fit "behind" the mirror in a Model 3 like it can in your Model S.

See here:
Installing a Tesla Model 3 dashcam solution from BlackVue

Reactions: wbhokie