Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Off menu" waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think several of us in this thread have ordered the Blue Metallic with White Interior, and they are slow to update our orders. PhilaKing seems to be the only person who has received an estimated delivery date.

FWIW, my account now shows a referral code, and I am able to log in to my iPhone app as of Friday. I don't think it means anything though.

I think several of us in this thread have ordered the Blue Metallic with White Interior, and they are slow to update our orders. PhilaKing seems to be the only person who has received an estimated delivery date.

FWIW, my account now shows a referral code, and I am able to log in to my iPhone app as of Friday. I don't think it means anything though.
Keep us posted. I'm still wanting a Blue with White but can't get it to go. I'll try escalating at Fremont.

I'm quite certain he's seeing exactly what the rest of us are seeing:

Nov '18
Not Nov 18th

I would stop indicating you are willing to take anything less than your LR RWD with your WHITE interior. Tesla reads these forums. What you should say is that Tesla can sell you the AWD with WHITE interior for the cost of the LR RWD if they aren't willing to give you the white interior on a normal LR RWD. It is one factory making all these vehicles. White is available on every car. Tesla makes their own seats and runs the factory. All Mid Range RWD cars with White interior have to be made. No reason they can't make a long range RWD with White interior unless they have a problem with battery production that they are not disclosing to the general public. I would continue to insist that you get a LR RWD with White interior. If that means they sell you AWD for the price of RWD that is a Tesla problem. (they don't seem to have a problem making AWD with White interior - and RWD is actually easier to make than AWD)

I hear what you're saying my man, but I'm also not going to let 3500 get away. I will work through the options if and when I get denied. I've yet to be rejected. We'll see. I'm hoping they make one more run of LR to fulfill us, and call it a day.

I hear what you're saying my man, but I'm also not going to let 3500 get away. I will work through the options if and when I get denied. I've yet to be rejected. We'll see. I'm hoping they make one more run of LR to fulfill us, and call it a day.

Sounds like that run may have come and gone. My sales person was combing through existing inventory to find LR RWD Midnight Silver with Black interior so we could at least get that. Doesn't look like there is any LR RWD capacity left at the factory. My guess is they switched over to MR RWD or LR AWD only.

Sounds like that run may have come and gone. My sales person was combing through existing inventory to find LR RWD Midnight Silver with Black interior so we could at least get that. Doesn't look like there is any LR RWD capacity left at the factory. My guess is they switched over to MR RWD or LR AWD only.

My Order Agreement says LR RWD with white interior. It's hard for me to believe that they would just stop making LR RWD considering how many people I've heard still don't have their VINs.

Reactions: AZ-3
Ordered a LR RWD White with Black interior, EAP and 18" wheels on 10/22, with some modifications to the order (color and MR to LR) a few days later which were confirmed by Tesla on 11/2. Got a VIN assigned today (11/5) with a delivery scheduled for 11/9. Much faster than I expected. Now waiting for the MVPA to get my loan squared away.

Reactions: suwaneedad
Ordered a LR RWD White with Black interior, EAP and 18" wheels on 10/22, with some modifications to the order (color and MR to LR) a few days later which were confirmed by Tesla on 11/2. Got a VIN assigned today (11/5) with a delivery scheduled for 11/9. Much faster than I expected. Now waiting for the MVPA to get my loan squared away.

At first I thought you said you have the white and black interior..... Actually looks like you have WHITE exterior and BLACK interior correct ?

(lots of us waiting for WHITE interior)

I can confirm there is a small (but dwindling) supply of LR RWD with black interiors floating around. My OA was able to locate 5 Midnight Silver, Black Interior, 18" wheel vehicles at various locations around the US. I expect that we're seeing our VINs being assigned from that existing supply rather than from new production at the factory. Cal me skeptical, but I think the "off-menu" ordering was never about a special production run at the factory, but our ability to purchase a LR RWD from the excess supply staged in various locations site the menu option was removed. That is also the likely the reason we're not able to get the white interior with a factory order even when the OA's were able to configure it. They were never produced and (sadly) never will be.

Regardless, the mythical LR RWD with white interior continues to be both unseen and unverified.

I ordered a MR RWD, but changed my mind and switched to LR RWD as there is a car in the inventory in my city with the same specs as my MR configuration.

Currently I'm filling up my vehicle finance application and I was asked to enter my current employment information, under "Time at Job (Years)" field, I found out that I cannot enter "5 Months" as input should all be in numbers. Is there a way to enter months (ex: 05)?