Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Off menu" waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not want to jinx myself. It was stressful, but the delivery advisor on Tuesday fixed my order. I took delivery on Saturday of the white/black LR RWD.

They had the appointment triple booked, but I took my sweet time inspecting the car. I just found minor dirt, which they cleaned up.

My car was manufactured in November with a 98xxx VIN. Enhanced autopilot is pretty nice. I'm pretty happy so far!

They pulled in delivery and went yesterday to tesla store to pickup the car.

But the car got washed/wiped with a rag or cloth that made excessive swirls not just one place but all over the car. See the attached pictures showing level of lines/scratches/swirls. Because this issue delivery didn’t happen.

View attachment 361032 View attachment 361031 View attachment 361030 View attachment 361029

It is almost end of the year and they didn’t offer a solution other than buffing and take as is. Now I am stuck. Does anyone had this situation? How did it got addressed?

I'm sorry to hear this. I did not notice any swirls on my car. It is also white, so I'm hopefully, there aren't any hiding.

I feared that if something like that happened to me, I would be stuck between a rock and a hard place because of the December 31 deadline for the tax credit. I was prepared to accept some paint correction and due bill items because of that.

It looks like improper usage of a rotary buffer. The only fix is to polish it out correctly. Do they have another car with your specs close by?

They pulled in delivery and went yesterday to tesla store to pickup the car.

But the car got washed/wiped with a rag or cloth that made excessive swirls not just one place but all over the car. See the attached pictures showing level of lines/scratches/swirls. Because this issue delivery didn’t happen.

View attachment 361032 View attachment 361031 View attachment 361030 View attachment 361029

It is almost end of the year and they didn’t offer a solution other than buffing and take as is. Now I am stuck. Does anyone had this situation? How did it got addressed?

Is it worth 7500 to not take it? Those swirls can likely be gotten out with a good detail shop doing a paint correction. If thats the only issue I hope you took the car. They likely polished it at the delivery center and induced those swirls so I would not ask them to correct it as they likely wont make it much better.

Just plan on taking it to a detailer and have them fix it for you. I dont know if asking tesla to foot the bill for a detailer will work, because they will likely just tell you "we have detailers in house and will buff it out". Up to you, but if that was the only issue I would not reject the car.

Picked up my LR RWD white/black today. I had a VERY low VIN 06xxxx but born in Nov.
I took 5-10 minutes looking over car before signing. There were 4 minor interior fixes I wanted addressed, which they were happy to do 2 of them on the spot, and the other two will be serviced (although I could do them myself if I tried... Just re-attaching some clips/fasteners).
I'm very happy! I'm glad I was thorough and knew what to look for, but ultimately I caused myself a lot of stress by worrying about the low VIN and reading about bad delivery experiences and thinking I might have one. Car is beautiful. Delivery was easy. Driving is great! 20 miles today, highway and city and autopilot. No issues!

Only thing that surprised me was my rear wheel traction slipped a few times on my first few tight accelerations, which didn't happen in my Aug test drive. It was rainy and 45F today so I'll be looking at winter tires as planned.

Happy customer!

Of course, best thing was suprising kids and wife. They had no idea. Their jaws dropped!

I hate to revive my old thread, but I think it bores mentioning: they now allow you to order a RWD Long Range, with black and white interior. And it's cheaper....

If we had just waited....
Is it over $3750 cheaper? Because that would have been the difference in federal tax credit. Also, the auto pilot option, thought it's only $3k now, it seems to be missing some features of enhanced auto pilot which was $5k at the end of last year. Said missing features seemed to be grouped with Full Self Driving now. All this considered, it looks be about a wash... which basically means, there was no real need to rush at the end of 2018 :/

Is it over $3750 cheaper? Because that would have been the difference in federal tax credit. Also, the auto pilot option, thought it's only $3k now, it seems to be missing some features of enhanced auto pilot which was $5k at the end of last year. Said missing features seemed to be grouped with Full Self Driving now. All this considered, it looks be about a wash... which basically means, there was no real need to rush at the end of 2018 :/
Yes. This is the updated pricing for EXACTLY the same model I ended up getting. 44.5 instead of 50.5, 6 grand less, which means I lost out on 2250 by rushing to take delivery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190228-175608_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190228-175608_Chrome.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 59
Though I really wanted a RWD with white interior and LR battery, I took delivery of the same except with AWD on Dec. 21, 2018. I got the $7500 tax rebate, but paid $4000 for the AWD. And I got the rebate right away instead having to wait until the 2019 tax season. So basically I got AWD for $250 (extra $3750 tax credit - $4000 AWD). And slightly less range than the RWD.o_O

Yes. This is the updated pricing for EXACTLY the same model I ended up getting. 44.5 instead of 50.5, 6 grand less, which means I lost out on 2250 by rushing to take delivery.
That means you didn’t get autopilot, which makes it more cut and dry. However, I did get autopilot last December, so if I priced my LR RWD configuration now with autopilot plus FSD, it would come out to only $3k less than what I paid last December, which is less than the $3750 difference in tax credit. But even then it’s not a complete apples to apples comparison because I didn’t get FSD in December, but I’d be forced to get it now to get the same features that EAP came with last year... so I dunno, it’s close. Either way, I still feel a bit cheated that I rushed to get the car before end of 2018 when I really didn’t have to. Oh well, at last I’ve saved over $300 in gas in the last 3 months and I’ll get the federal tax credit in a few months instead of waiting until 2020.

That means you didn’t get autopilot, which makes it more cut and dry. However, I did get autopilot last December, so if I priced my LR RWD configuration now with autopilot plus FSD, it would come out to only $3k less than what I paid last December, which is less than the $3750 difference in tax credit. But even then it’s not a complete apples to apples comparison because I didn’t get FSD in December, but I’d be forced to get it now to get the same features that EAP came with last year... so I dunno, it’s close. Either way, I still feel a bit cheated that I rushed to get the car before end of 2018 when I really didn’t have to. Oh well, at last I’ve saved over $300 in gas in the last 3 months and I’ll get the federal tax credit in a few months instead of waiting until 2020.
Correct. I wanted only FSD, but couldn't order when I placed my order in late October, since it wasn't available. Im now doubly screwed, as those who got EAP now get FSD for free. That, coupled the price cut, feels like I got done pretty dirty, since now it's $11K to get FSD, when that's all I wanted.

I feel better about all of this. I was told, by someone at Tesla, who specifically asked about my situation, that if you purchased NOTHING in 2018, you would be gifted AP only this year. And the AP, NOT EAP. That means, a $4K savings as if I buy it right now, its 4K retail, and though I only wanted FSD, I feel more than compensated for the price drop. This was a solid they did, for my situation, at least. Happy again with my purchase .

I feel better about all of this. I was told, by someone at Tesla, who specifically asked about my situation, that if you purchased NOTHING in 2018, you would be gifted AP only this year. And the AP, NOT EAP. That means, a $4K savings as if I buy it right now, its 4K retail, and though I only wanted FSD, I feel more than compensated for the price drop. This was a solid they did, for my situation, at least. Happy again with my purchase .

Correction: its only for people who purchased in 2019 BEFORE the price changes =(

I hate to revive my old thread, but I think it bores mentioning: they now allow you to order a RWD Long Range, with black and white interior. And it's cheaper....

If we had just waited....

Some of us did wait! And we refused to be bullied into cancelling our order, upgrading to AWD or downgrading to a mythical Mid Range option that no one ever asked for. We also refused to cancel and voluntarily forgo the referral enticement in place at the time ( free supercharging) just because Tesla unilaterally decided not to build the cars we ordered.

It was disappointing to watch everyone on this thread fold and not have the balls to tell Tesla that the words of their CEO on Twitter have to be honored. Your fear of missing out (FOMO) drove you to ignore logic and here we are in March with the exact same car back in production for $47,000 (in my configuration) when my prior MVPA was $53,000.

As a stockholder, Tesla appears to be making all the wrong moves and upper management seems hell bent on destroying their prestigious brand image. Getting rid of showroom locations is completely illogical. I agree most people "order" online. However, most people also visit the showrooms in person many times before they order "online".

As a buyer, I am excited. I'll save over $6k on my car and I still get half of the federal tax credit.

As a stockholder things aren't looking good.

Some of us did wait! And we refused to be bullied into cancelling our order, upgrading to AWD or downgrading to a mythical Mid Range option that no one ever asked for. We also refused to cancel and voluntarily forgo the referral enticement in place at the time ( free supercharging) just because Tesla unilaterally decided not to build the cars we ordered.

It was disappointing to watch everyone on this thread fold and not have the balls to tell Tesla that the words of their CEO on Twitter have to be honored. Your fear of missing out (FOMO) drove you to ignore logic and here we are in March with the exact same car back in production for $47,000 (in my configuration) when my prior MVPA was $53,000.

As a stockholder, Tesla appears to be making all the wrong moves and upper management seems hell bent on destroying their prestigious brand image. Getting rid of showroom locations is completely illogical. I agree most people "order" online. However, most people also visit the showrooms in person many times before they order "online".

As a buyer, I am excited. I'll save over $6k on my car and I still get half of the federal tax credit.

As a stockholder things aren't looking good.
lol this aged poorly

Hard to say. It’s true that Tesla has been moving pricing around like there’s no tomorrow and the “removal” of LR pushed me to buy a car for more money with less features than I originally wanted. But it has had little impact on the stock price, which is obviously driven by something else entirely.

lol this aged poorly

Doubly so. I actually got in on the sale they had for EAP and FSD for 5K. When coupled with the price difference, it really is a pretty small difference, and is more than washed out by the 6 free months of Supercharging I received, and the gas I was using monthly (~$250/month)

Also, I saw some white interior cars staining with jeans, and I'm overall happy I went with black. Don't want the maintenance and just heartache of watching it stain. My next car will definitely have white interior, but I'm good with what I have, given that I purchased AP and FSD outright, instead of rolling it into my loan.