Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Off menu" waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. New to the forums. Just ordered my first Tesla on 10.23, a few days after I got back from a vacation in Cancun.

I wanted to start this thread so all current and future "off menu" orderers (sic) have a place to wait together. I'll go first:

LR RWD
Deep Blue Metallic
18 inch Aeros
No EAP
Ordered: 10.23
Filled out online paperwork the same night

I'll go next.

Order on 10/21, LR RWD, Deep Blue Metallic, 18in Aeros, No EAP.
Updated on 10/27 to LR RWD, Red MultiCoat, 18in, No EAP. VIN assigned on 10/27.

Nice. I have the exact config now, that you had originally.

Couple of q's: why the switch to red? Also, did you end up having a case made by an Owner Advisor, or did you call Tesla directly after ordering yourself online????

Nice. I have the exact config now, that you had originally.

Couple of q's: why the switch to red? Also, did you end up having a case made by an Owner Advisor, or did you call Tesla directly after ordering yourself online????

Had a case made by Owner Advisor. I called Tesla store today morning and they told me that there was a Silver and Red car in my configuration and I decided to switch to Red.

I ordered on 10/21 and the case was completed by 10/22. Yes sales center.

This really sucks. I configured on 10.23 and they opened a case, and mine is still pending as of Saturday. I went to go check on the spreadsheet they have on here, and I see that someone who ordered my exact configuration, after me, already has a VIN assigned, and a delivery date scheduled. I must have done something wrong =(

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I’m in same boat. They told me team is very backed up and could take a week. So that’s today tomorrow.

I haven’t seen too many people who upgraded off menu later than 10/22 have their status changed yet. I’ll give another 48 hours.

OK well I feel less bad, after getting off the phone with the CS team. They indeed said my case was already closed, and they were working on adding the LR to my Reservation. However, I'm still stuck in limbo, just like you, while others seem to have gotten VINs assigned already =/

I followed up with my Owner Advisor, who is the person you'd want to reach out to if you're still stuck in the "case" phase

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I decided to jump back in and order a car. Mine is off menu as well. What steps are any off menu buyers doing to help keep their order on track as we try to beat end of year? Tesla is notoriously disorganized.....

It looks like if your Owner Advisor opened the case, you need to follow up with them on making sure it closed and that it's moving along. Some people seemed to have just done it and then called into the CS team to get it updated. I feel like they were the ones that got it done a little faster. Did you get a VIN or a call from anyone yet??

• Love
Reactions: Surfer
Haven’t spoken to any owner advisor. I did it by calling customer support. My issue is that team and the team Making the change (processing team) are totally unconnected. So I can’t get a straight answer when my update will be completed and then subsequently reflected in my account. Every day that goes by annoys me. But does seem that even new orders of the rwd LR are being fulfilled relatively quickly. We still have 9 weeks until end of year so....

Hello all. New to the forums. Just ordered my first Tesla on 10.23, a few days after I got back from a vacation in Cancun.

I wanted to start this thread so all current and future "off menu" orderers (sic) have a place to wait together. I'll go first:

LR RWD
Deep Blue Metallic
18 inch Aeros
No EAP
Ordered: 10.23
Filled out online paperwork the same night
Congrats!
My wife has the identical configuration. Received in April ‘18. Car was perfect. Never any service... got it wrapped and ceramic coated the next morning. She probably would have gone red except I have a Red Model S. (All electric vehicle household!) She loves it! You will too.
93B0AA41-F61E-4A3A-A914-38281ABF7A2E.jpeg

E9472714-32DD-49A5-A7CC-D23046E01E75.jpeg

731E9150-C217-4FF0-85B3-82DD4F92762C.jpeg

D693D375-E8DB-4C2B-8DE1-A907F973F2FD.jpeg

Haven’t spoken to any owner advisor. I did it by calling customer support. My issue is that team and the team Making the change (processing team) are totally unconnected. So I can’t get a straight answer when my update will be completed and then subsequently reflected in my account. Every day that goes by annoys me. But does seem that even new orders of the rwd LR are being fulfilled relatively quickly. We still have 9 weeks until end of year so....

Well, at least there's a few of us running into similar issues with regards to the case and changes. Thanks for updating.

Congrats!
My wife has the identical configuration. Received in April ‘18. Car was perfect. Never any service... got it wrapped and ceramic coated the next morning. She probably would have gone red except I have a Red Model S. (All electric vehicle household!) She loves it! You will too.
View attachment 348188
View attachment 348189
View attachment 348190
View attachment 348191

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I actually am going to change the config to a white interior. It looks REALLY nice in person, and I've seen a few with DBM and White Interior, and it looks great. Hope it doesn't push me back too far =/

It looks like if your Owner Advisor opened the case, you need to follow up with them on making sure it closed and that it's moving along. Some people seemed to have just done it and then called into the CS team to get it updated. I feel like they were the ones that got it done a little faster. Did you get a VIN or a call from anyone yet??

I called the main Tesla number and they confirmed in a more general way that the LR RWD had been requested. What number did you call for CS? I will call and be more specific about the case closing.

No call or VIN ordered the following on October 21st
Black Ext
Black and White Interior
LR RWD
AP

That’s it I think. Thanks for your help.

Hi guys, just found this forum after searching and wanted to add my data point.

I reserved 10/25 for MR/RWD then called/emailed to change to LR/RWD the same day. Called sales and they confirmed receipt of modification request but have had no updates since.

I was at the Tesla showroom on saturday and was told friday was the last day that you could request the change from MR to LR RWD.

I was a day 1 reservationist (4/1/16) but was told I receive no special priority.

Reservation:
LR RWD (hopefully)
Black Ext
Black Int
No EAP
Aero