Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off peak charge and morning/evening preparation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

sorry if this has been answered many times but I’m struggling to find the answer.

I would like to do 3 things.

1. charge my car 12:30am - 4:30am
2. Have my cabin heated for 7:20am
3. Have my cabin heated for 4:30pm

I have a wallbox pulsar plus 7.2kw charger.
I have installed the ev.energy app and added my provider.

from there I’m lost.
I think ev. Energy is charging off peak but still want to heat the cabin.

regards

Ross

With the current Tesla software, I’d just set the car to automatically start charging at 12:30 AM every day, and then use the phone app to manually turn on the HVAC 5 minutes before your departure time.

Even in the depths of winter (in Kansas, so not as harsh as winter for some people), I’ve found that turning on the heat as I leave my desk at work gives enough time to get the cabin nice by the time I get to it. If there was ice/snow during the day, I would give it a little extra time to run the defrosters.

Reactions: ucmndd
With the current Tesla software, I’d just set the car to automatically start charging at 12:30 AM every day, and then use the phone app to manually turn on the HVAC 5 minutes before your departure time.

Even in the depths of winter (in Kansas, so not as harsh as winter for some people), I’ve found that turning on the heat as I leave my desk at work gives enough time to get the cabin nice by the time I get to it. If there was ice/snow during the day, I would give it a little extra time to run the defrosters.
+1

Hi All,

sorry if this has been answered many times but I’m struggling to find the answer.

I would like to do 3 things.

1. charge my car 12:30am - 4:30am
2. Have my cabin heated for 7:20am
3. Have my cabin heated for 4:30pm

I have a wallbox pulsar plus 7.2kw charger.
I have installed the ev.energy app and added my provider.

from there I’m lost.
I think ev. Energy is charging off peak but still want to heat the cabin.

regards

Ross

set your departure of 7:20 am. car will warm and charge before then. As far as heating/cooling at 4:30 it will have to be Manually turned on.