Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off-peak charging in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tes2021my

Oct 20, 2021
NJ
Hello! My Model Y comes in tomorrow.
I wanted to ask if anyone takes advantage of PSEG off-peak charging rates?
I asked PSEG and they said those rates are only available if you use a charger that sends PSEG the charging data for the EV.
Is the ChargePoint worth it? PSEG giving up to$1500 in credits for using accredited charger that sends them the data (currently only ChargePoint and JuiceBox)

hope the below two links helps, i am also planning to apply for this.

The rebate is $1500 for installation and not charger. Charger is on you. I just got the credit of $1500 on my PSEG account. I am using Juicebox which is authorised by PSEG so will automatically get off peak rates if i am charging during off peak hours which are 9pm to 7 am on weekdays and all day on weekends

Reactions: Satishc
The rebate is $1500 for installation and not charger. Charger is on you. I just got the credit of $1500 on my PSEG account. I am using Juicebox which is authorised by PSEG so will automatically get off peak rates if i am charging during off peak hours which are 9pm to 7 am on weekdays and all day on weekends
Thanks for the information. Do you need to switch to RLM meter to get off peak price?

No need to change to RLM rates. It will be residential rate but for tesla offpeak units consumed are pulled from the approved chargers.

Coming to the rate they will be charging regularly 17 cents/kwh, but at the end of the bill they will be reducing 11cents/kwh for the units consumed during off peak.
I am also waiting for PSEG to approve, above information is based on the conversation with PSEG

No need to change to RLM rates. It will be residential rate but for tesla offpeak units consumed are pulled from the approved chargers.

Coming to the rate they will be charging regularly 17 cents/kwh, but at the end of the bill they will be reducing 11cents/kwh for the units consumed during off peak.
I am also waiting for PSEG to approve, above information is based on the conversation with PSEG
Can you clarify off peak is 11 cents/kwh or will reduce by 11 cents/kwh so it’s 6 cents/kwh? I already have PSEG approval and got my installation credit, just want to check if having charger to get offpeak pricing is worth it.

1649478256355.png

I live in NJ (PSEG) EV credit is approx. 2 cents. Juicebox cost was $600. I estimated I would get about $6 - $8 dollars a month off-peak credit.. It would take about 75 months to break even. Your rebate would depend on number of miles you drive per month. For me it does not make sense.

I live in NJ (PSEG) EV credit is approx. 2 cents. Juicebox cost was $600. I estimated I would get about $6 - $8 dollars a month off-peak credit.. It would take about 75 months to break even. Your rebate would depend on number of miles you drive per month. For me it does not make sense.
That is the information I got when I emailed pseg about the program last year. 2 cents.

That wasn't worth it for me.

Can others clarify where you saw that you save 11c/kwh? If it's by looking at that chart they have I don't know if that's accurate. That's specific to rlm meter rates. This is a seperate program from what I think.

Below is email from them.

90F22BBB-41F5-48C6-A32C-EFDCC3EFFAB7.jpeg