Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off peak charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all.
My local utility has just started offering rebates for off peak charging.
I am up to date on soft ware upgrades.
I tried to set charging time but screen looks to precondition cabin as part of setup I don't leave for work at a consistent time so not for me
Help
thanks
mike

Hey all.
I tried to set charging time but screen looks to precondition cabin as part of setup I don't leave for work at a consistent time so not for me
Help
thanks
mike

I'm not sure but at least on the preview image of the feature you could disable the preconditioning not sure if that option made it to the final release.

You can just as easily use start time to start charging after off peak starts (just as easily as setting it to finish as off peak finishes). Some benefit to timing the end in cold climate otherwise no difference.

Hey all.
Help
thanks
mike
It sounds like you're looking at Scheduled Departure. But you may want to instead use Scheduled Charging. The latter doesn't bring cabin conditioning into the picture, and it's based on a start time, not an end (departure) time, since yours isn't consistent. I have ours set to charge at midnight, when our cheap EV rates begin. From the owners manual:

Scheduled Charging: When you set a
scheduled charging time, Model 3 displays
the set time to begin charging when you
are parked at the scheduled location. If, at
the scheduled time, Model 3 is not
plugged in at the location, charging starts
as soon as you plug it in, provided you
plug it in within six hours of the scheduled
time. If plugged in after six hours,
charging does not start until the
scheduled time on the next day. To
override this setting, touch Start Charging