Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off Road Mode for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know much about Off-road mode but would setting the Suspension to High, enable Slip Start, and reducing the acceleration to Chill have a similar effect?
I don't know anything about off-road mode, including whether or not it even exists. However, I do know that there are posts in this forum implying that setting the suspension to very high removes all play, making the ride very rough and potentially leading to broken stuff from simple things like potholes.

I think that can lead to unintended use of the car, as X is really not designed for off-road

1) Too many plastic moldings to break
2) Check how front suspension is made, there's a metal joint on top of the wheel with really low clearance - a stone stuck in a tire can damage if it get stuck between tire and joint.
3) BATTERY IS UNDER YOU CAR =)

I would like see Tesla endow the Model X with an "Off Road Mode" akin to the Model Y. The Model X seems to have more clearance anyway due to the adjustable air suspension.

I researched a little and could not find anything. Does anyone know if this feature may be incoming?
I did not realize the Y had such a mode.

There is no way to know what Tesla might implement in the X in the future. Anything you hear will be rumors at best.

I rarely take my X off the pavement, but in fact did just that yesterday while traveling to the Clear Creek Trailhead on the southern slope of Mount Shasta. The last 6 miles of the road to the trailhead are unpaved and the final 3 miles are not suitable for standard clearance passenger cars. I put the SAS on Very High and drove very slowly; 5-8mph. The trickiest sections were deeply rutted with fine powdered dirt filling the ruts and some low boulders that I had to navigate around. Felt some wheel slip a few times but the car handled it fine. With tires designed for off road travel (which I do not have) I am confident the car would have had absolutely no trouble at all.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot