TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Off roading Model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Chrisizzle, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Chrisizzle

Chrisizzle Member

How far off road has anyone taken their Model X ?
    I'd enjoy seeing pictures or reading tips.

I had to get creative with -25C temps (-13F) and a route with no Superchargers. To shave distance, I ended up on a logging road.

Although not truly 'off roading', it was unmaintained with ruts and long icy stretches. I raised my suspension and went for it. Just me, logging trucks and bulldozers for an hour. The Model X performed admirably and on par with my previous Suzuki Vitara or Land Rover Freelander 4x4s.

I expect to work at an Adventure Race this summer in Wyoming. That should put me in some genuine wilderness. At the very least, I want to leave with an epic Model X photo.

' EC536CA7-F0A5-4DAA-9B65-BC8DA91C7546.jpg

• Like x 2
  2. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete and lowering champion

I hope there are some good car washes at your destination!;)

3. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

I've just done ski trips and a beach in Mendocino with deep ruts. On-the-fly suspension raising is really helpful if you don't know where your going to end up.

Thanks for that wilderness pic!

4. Tozla

Tozla Member

The OCD clean freak inside of me is scrubbing the screen to clean that baby. :p

• Funny x 1
  5. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Man I've been scared to take my baby anywhere off roading but ended up at road similar to you in Erin (a little north of Orangeville (I see you've got an Ontario plate so I'm assuming you know where I'm talking about :).

I was just glad I have XPEL

• Like x 2