Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off-Tesla-Topic : Formule 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FIA is partly to blame for all this to happen. They failed to penalize Hamilton for a (even possible lethal) mistake in England, which opened the door to more and even harder fighting. The 10 seconds punishment in Silverstone was no were near the disadvantage that Red Bull suffered and is still suffering (repairs, new engine, loss of 25 points). He has done it multiple times in the past and never got a real penalty for it.
Hamilton is making errors when he is under severe pressure. He knows Max is the faster car at that moment and he blocks him. He could have taken a different track position, as he did on other occasions. So he deliberately took a different line on cold tires. Max could have backed out, but since he was the faster car, he went for the opportunity that was ahead (Hamilton didn't close the door on the straight, but only after the first corner).
Both can be blamed. Losing 3 grid positions seems very harsh since Hamilton doesn't receive any punishment. And in regard to the Silverstone penalty, this penalty is much to severe.
(but these are just my 2 cents ;) )

FIA is partly to blame for all this to happen. They failed to penalize Hamilton for a (even possible lethal) mistake in England, which opened the door to more and even harder fighting. The 10 seconds punishment in Silverstone was no were near the disadvantage that Red Bull suffered and is still suffering (repairs, new engine, loss of 25 points). He has done it multiple times in the past and never got a real penalty for it.
Hamilton is making errors when he is under severe pressure. He knows Max is the faster car at that moment and he blocks him. He could have taken a different track position, as he did on other occasions. So he deliberately took a different line on cold tires. Max could have backed out, but since he was the faster car, he went for the opportunity that was ahead (Hamilton didn't close the door on the straight, but only after the first corner).
Both can be blamed. Losing 3 grid positions seems very harsh since Hamilton doesn't receive any punishment. And in regard to the Silverstone penalty, this penalty is much to severe.
(but these are just my 2 cents ;) )
I think we have no idea on how severe Max's penalty is right now. Will he take that engine penalty now, making the penalty mute? When Hamilton got that 10 sec penalty i was convinced his race was over yet the race changed and he somehow came back to win. Remember the stewards found both Ham and Max guilty in Silverstone but Ham more guilty. The same as Monza, both guilty but Max more guilty.

I'm 100% on record saying both should have gone unpunished and were racing incidents but like you said, it's just my 2 cents. :)

Reactions: HWS
I think we have no idea on how severe Max's penalty is right now. Will he take that engine penalty now, making the penalty mute? When Hamilton got that 10 sec penalty i was convinced his race was over yet the race changed and he somehow came back to win. Remember the stewards found both Ham and Max guilty in Silverstone but Ham more guilty. The same as Monza, both guilty but Max more guilty.

I'm 100% on record saying both should have gone unpunished and were racing incidents but like you said, it's just my 2 cents. :)

In Silverstone, Hamilton drove a line he could never hold with his speed and he could never avoid a collision. So a penalty was needed.
In Monza, both drivers could have taken another track position without colliding and both didn't do that. This was a racing incident, but FIA decided to give Max a penalty. And a penalty for this is immediately compared to the penalty in Silverstone... and those 2 are not in line. FIA should not have given a penalty, but give both riders a reprimand to back off sooner. FIA is inconsistent (not only with Max and Hamilton...) and that will cause only more damages in future. So stay tuned... more great collisions to come on your screen! ;)

In Silverstone, Hamilton drove a line he could never hold with his speed and he could never avoid a collision. So a penalty was needed.
In Monza, both drivers could have taken another track position without colliding and both didn't do that. This was a racing incident, but FIA decided to give Max a penalty. And a penalty for this is immediately compared to the penalty in Silverstone... and those 2 are not in line. FIA should not have given a penalty, but give both riders a reprimand to back off sooner. FIA is inconsistent (not only with Max and Hamilton...) and that will cause only more damages in future. So stay tuned... more great collisions to come on your screen! ;)
Lewis had the same with Lando and there he didn't push Lando off.
Same in Silverstone between Lewis and Leclerc were Lewis made the apex instead of crashing into Max.

Both are clearly deliberate actions from Lewis.

It's like Max was saying, : I wanted to coöperate with Lewis, I wanted to race.

But I think Lewis doesn't dare to race Max.

Reactions: ramonneke
Of hij had moeten luisteren, het was echt Russisch roulette.
Gelet op de boordradio had het team ook veel duidelijker moeten zijn over de regenverwachting. Zij hadden de informatie dat het serieus ging regenen, maar deelden dit niet en lieten Lando daarnaast ook zelf beslissen. Maar goed, erg zuur voor Lando, als het droog was gebleven had hij gewonnen, Hamilton had het volgens mij niet meer gered. Leermomentje, zijn eerste overwinning komt nog wel.

Pirelli had de teams gewaarschuwd om niet door te rijden tot het einde. Ocon heeft risico genomen en de gok gewonnen (had ook niet heel veel te verliezen).

Mercedes heeft uiteindelijk de waarschuwing van pirelli overgenomen. Hamilton had naar binnen moeten gaan toen het team dat in eerste instantie aangaf (zelfde tijd als Bottas werd gewisseld). Als hij toen had geluisterd had hij op P3 kunnen eindigen zonder problemen. Hij had meer dan genoeg snelheid om het ontstane gat weer te dichten. Ik denk dat hij zich verrekende toen hij zo dicht op Max kwam te rijden. Beetje blind geworden voor de omstandigheden en verkeerde keuze gemaakt om langer buiten te blijven op dat moment.

Reactions: RobsEV
Pirelli had de teams gewaarschuwd om niet door te rijden tot het einde. Ocon heeft risico genomen en de gok gewonnen (had ook niet heel veel te verliezen).

Mercedes heeft uiteindelijk de waarschuwing van pirelli overgenomen. Hamilton had naar binnen moeten gaan toen het team dat in eerste instantie aangaf (zelfde tijd als Bottas werd gewisseld). Als hij toen had geluisterd had hij op P3 kunnen eindigen zonder problemen. Hij had meer dan genoeg snelheid om het ontstane gat weer te dichten. Ik denk dat hij zich verrekende toen hij zo dicht op Max kwam te rijden. Beetje blind geworden voor de omstandigheden en verkeerde keuze gemaakt om langer buiten te blijven op dat moment.
Precies nu kwamen zowel Perez als Leclerc heel snel naar hem toe en ging hij deze toch niet achter zich houden op nieuwere banden.
Dat ging met ca. 2s per ronde reden die twee naar Lewis toe.
Dan is het risico nemen met een kleine kans op p 3 of p4 maar een grote kans op uitval of nieuwe banden halen en een zekere p5 binnen halen.

MB had gewoon gelijk met de eerste call maar LH was gewoon eigenwijs en heeft daardoor plekken verloren.

Hebben jullie ook dat kind gezien in de pits waar plooij het warm van kreeg? Wat een pan eten noemen wij dat hier in het zuiden. Je mag de grid op en dan vraagt Martin brundle je een oprechte vraag en dan zo een houding. Wat een stelletje leeghoofden, blijf dan thuis.

Sorry het moest er even uit😊