Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off-Tesla-Topic : Formule 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FOM wanted a Hollywood show. Max and RBR were to fast for Lewis and MB in the beginning of the season.
So they changed tires, rearwing rules, and many silly rulings against Max and RBR. Even hard core Lewis fan Peter Winsor agrees on that.

This made that MB en Lewis could close the gap but it would be mega unfair if this sillyness for a show would make that the real winner would lose.
If you want to take that route you have to go back to last year where they changed the rules to make MB slower.

Honestly as you can see from my earlier posts I was happy with either being crowned champion, but I wanted it to be a fair final. My unhappiness is not with Max or Ham, they only did what they had to do with the hands they were dealt. Hamilton was waxing Max and Masi decided to change rules for a made for tv moment. It was a farce but Max will be a great champion because they both deserved it. I just want Masi fired because he’s made stupid mistakes all year and this was his final blunder.

If you want to take that route you have to go back to last year where they changed the rules to make MB slower.

Honestly as you can see from my earlier posts I was happy with either being crowned champion, but I wanted it to be a fair final. My unhappiness is not with Max or Ham, they only did what they had to do with the hands they were dealt. Hamilton was waxing Max and Masi decided to change rules for a made for tv moment. It was a farce but Max will be a great champion because they both deserved it. I just want Masi fired because he’s made stupid mistakes all year and this was his final blunder.
I agree with you, in Masi his defence though it was his second year and full first year as race director. You cannot replace that many years of experience so expect decisions that are different from what we could have expected from charlie.

The changes to the 2021 rules are applicable to all teams and known in advance and agreed by all.
Changes in tires, rearwing tests, pits rules, etc. were done with one intention only.

Before the race it was agreed upon that they didn't want to end the race under the safety car.
Masi used the full rule book to do this. If you want to go further in that route how many time this year was there an unjust ruling against Max just to have Lewis still in the race.

If your statement is the FOM/FIA made a Hollywood show out of the F1 I do agree. If you think therefor the wrong man is now the winner you should stop crying.

If you really want to push it to things of prior years then we should note the MB was developing 3yrs the engine before others teams knew this engine would be the new F1 in 2014. So lets not go there and lets keep it in one year.

I still think the minimum pitstop duration is total BS. Not once did RBR had an unsafe release.

That rule change should have been applied from 2022 onward and not somewhere in the season. How about previous race Bottas not getting a penalty because he drove slow for MB to make a double pitstop? I do hope the rules will change for 2022 as that was unsportsmanlike and Bottas should have gotten the corresponding flag for it and a penalty.

Yesterday HAM could have won this it they didn't make the wrong strategic decisions. Why on earth did MB pit him so early on the yellow compound? He could have pitted during the VSC but that didn't happen. Yes, HAM would have lost track position but for sure he would have passed VER later. The DM just dominated with overspeed on the straights.

RBR was in attack mode with their pitstops. It was their only chance for a victory if mayhem would happen on track and that strategy was the winning one.

The bias here has a nasty stench....enjoy your Champ, he’s a hell of a driver.
The bias has a nasty stench everywhere...you may want to look at the reactions at The Guardian or the BBC.....

In the end...formula 1 can hardly be called a sport...to much money, to much politics, to many people who don't understand the rules and the dynamics.... it's not a fair competition and hasn't been that, all year.

The bias here has a nasty stench....enjoy your Champ, he’s a hell of a driver.

That's correct, so don't pretend the FIA didn't help MB back into the race in 2021. If they hadn't intervened on tyres, wings and other rules, Max would have been world champion in Mexico. As Lewis has always been in other years. Max would have simply become the winner without intervention. Lewis and Max stand out as drivers far above the rest and the first reaction from Lewis and his father, towards Max and Jos, was also great. Lewis probably did not appear at the press conference by order of Toto, which was again not really worthy of Lewis.

Lewis still is one of the greatest but he is not the only great one on the grid anymore.

Last edited:
Lewis and Max stand out as drivers far above the rest and the first reaction from Lewis and his father, towards Max and Jos, was also great.
Agreed, I think we all think that Lewis is a great driver. Its the attitude of MB that I personally dislike.

Also, I'm sort of glad Lewis did not get his 8th title. Its still one of the records of Schumacher that at least he didn't pass. Although Ferrari back then dominated too I think the way MB dominated purely on due to being the better car has less weight for me.

Let's see what 2022 brings with Hamilton vs Russel. Hopefully Russel can show the same skills as earlier in the MB. It was just pure bad luck he didn't just win that race! Same as Max stepped into the RB and immediately won and Russel would have likely done the same with MB.

What if Silverstone was the last race, how would you have reacted? The number 2 deliberately crashing into the number 1 driver and getting away with it (disqualification due to reckless driving should have been in order). So cry me a river by telling Max is favoured by FIA and that he won by this last decision. He almost LOST by the decision in England. FIA messed up a lot of times, but it is what it is. For both drivers.

What Mercedes is doing right now is absolutely appalling. 2 weeks ago they even twittered that they wouldn't go to court to win the championship... well... that tweet didn't age very well. FIA was a disgrace, but Mercedes is topping that. They came with lawyers BEFORE the race even began. In case they would loose they would do anything to win. For me that showes their real faces. Unsportsmanlike conduct. Not from Hamilton (although he did some nasty things on track, but he is only going so far he is allowed. Same as Max), but from Toto/Mercedes team.

That's correct, so don't pretend the FIA didn't help MB back into the race in 2021. If they hadn't intervened on tyres, wings and other rules, Max would have been world champion in Mexico. As Lewis has always been in other years. Max would have simply become the winner without intervention. Lewis and Max stand out as drivers far above the rest and the first reaction from Lewis and his father, towards Max and Jos, was also great. Lewis probably did not appear at the press conference by order of Toto, which was again not really worthy of Lewis.

Lewis still is one of the greatest but he is not the only great one on the grid anymore.
I’m sorry I can’t reply in Dutch… I clearly said Max is a great driver.

Reactions: Kiprich and RobsEV
I’m sorry I can’t reply in Dutch… I clearly said Max is a great driver.
I've not stated that you didn't.

I was triggert on the fact that you stated that Masi ****ed-up and didn't follow the rules and that Lewis was screwed over by Masi and the FIA.
The hole year the FIA made rules specially designed to hurt Max and RBR to keep the championship alive.

Masi did follow the rules by using his discretions within the rules to make sure that the race ended under Green and in the briefing with the teams and drivers they knew he would use this discretion when needed. They all agreed on that and therefor MB should whine now.

Masi did what the FOM, the FIA and teams wanted from him and that is not let the championship be decided off track or behind the SC.
The FIA kept changing the rules to make MB faster during the season.
The only one that really ****up yesterday was the MB strategy team. When VSC came RBR directly made the call to change tires. MB waited untill the SC came to have the same idea but then it was to late to make the tire change and still stay ahead of Max.

So if Lewis was screwed yesterday, it was by his own team the same way as MB tried to screw Max in Saudi with idiotic slow inlap of Bottas under the SC when everyone could see the red flag coming and Max got a free tire change under the red flag.

Yes Max needed the MB ****up and this late safety car to win in Abu Dhabi but if you consider the hole season Lewis still got more support from Masi and the FIA and his fair share of good luck. Max only got it in the last few laps of the final race.

That is what people call the luck off a champion.

Again, if you take this same luck away from Lewis earlier in the season we didn't need to wait for the last race for Max to become WC this year.

Wat een heerlijke race. Blij dat de FIA de ballen had om de race op track te laten uitvechten. Zie je gewoon meteen dat F1 iets speciaals heeft. Het gaat niet om de snelste rijder of de beste auto. Het gaat ook om strategie en geluk. Vaak zit het tegen, soms zit het mee. Zo'n plot-twister verwacht je gewoon niet. Het valt nog niet mee om Mercedes van de troon te stoten, maar de eerste scheurtjes worden zichtbaar.

Op naar het nieuwe seizoen, heb er nu al zin in. Heeft Lewis twee jonge honden om zich heen, denk dat Russel Lewis zoek rijdt in de benz.

🏎️
Dat denk ik niet

That was some hours ago, because of what Toto said in an sms to Max. But no official news from the team yet. But my guess is that Mercedes or Ineos told Toto to back off. Bad publicity.... and deep in his hart, I dont think Hamilton wants to win in court, just like you said.
I just read Mercedes is not going to pursue fighting this in court at the direction of Ham, he has said he wants no part of winning the Championship in court. I think a wise move

Reactions: Iain
You might think the atmosphere was all sour at Mercedes. But there was still a constructors championship to party for.

I just read Mercedes is not going to pursue fighting this in court at the direction of Ham, he has said he wants no part of winning the Championship in court. I think a wise move
I partly belief that. Lewis is very good in saying the right things in public, but back in my mind I sometimes have a feeling that he doesn't always tells what he is thinking.
In a previous late protest against Max, Lewis also said he didn't want to win that way so it could be true.