Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off to Kwik-Fit…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah mate pump them brakes on that order, with that amount of tread left that is 100% a repair and move on with your life.

Also, that looks bloody expensive to me tbh. Although I havn't actively looked at tyre pricing lately, I'm fairly confident you could do better than that if you needed to.

and there’s me thinking thats not much more than one tyre on my old BMW and you get two on the Telsa!

This week - picked up another foreign body - in front tyre this time….another replacement….sigh.

Am well versed in getting the pucks into the jacking points for the fitters now though. Helps to make sure they use them right.

Nothing for 20 months then two in short succession in different locales. Now I believe the comment someone made a while back saying the tyres are puncture magnets!

p.s. noticed that local Kwik-Fit had no stock of Cross Climate 2’s anymore - that cold snap’s to blame I suspect…

This week - picked up another foreign body - in front tyre this time….another replacement….sigh.

Am well versed in getting the pucks into the jacking points for the fitters now though. Helps to make sure they use them right.

Nothing for 20 months then two in short succession in different locales. Now I believe the comment someone made a while back saying the tyres are puncture magnets!

p.s. noticed that local Kwik-Fit had no stock of Cross Climate 2’s anymore - that cold snap’s to blame I suspect…
I think the best way to ensure you'll never get a puncture is to buy a spare wheel, appropriate jack, puncture plugs, tools, etc, etc. Carry that lot round with you using up half your boot space and you'll never get a flat.

(Leave any of it at home though, puncture is guaranteed).

Couldn’t fault their workmanship or professionalism, such that I got in touch with KwikFit HQ to pass on my compliments. One doesn’t get to do that with too many brands these days, so it was good to be able to do so.

Edited to add re torque setting: I didn’t see the actual number they torqued to, but they did have a bible of vehicle settings they consulted before setting their torque wrench, which hopefully has the correct values for all vehicles inc Tesla within.
I would agree, usually avoid KwikFit, but just been to get a repair done on my near side front - the local team at Pumpherston knew exactly what they were doing, jack puck out an correctly positioned, repair carried out without any fuss removing the acoustic liner at the appropriate spot, psi and torque checked on their chart and correct values used - all in all, pretty impressed and for less that £30 👍

Reactions: thax1
I would agree, usually avoid KwikFit, but just been to get a repair done on my near side front - the local team at Pumpherston knew exactly what they were doing, jack puck out an correctly positioned, repair carried out without any fuss removing the acoustic liner at the appropriate spot, psi and torque checked on their chart and correct values used - all in all, pretty impressed and for less that £30 👍
Must have been a one off lol