Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are not going to have families, so that demographic will disappear. It is like Toyota's aging demographic. Not worried.

They all have families. Of the kind where their wife doesn’t want to drive, and the kids are asleep while they drive their 1000km during the night. And probably spend their first day on location exhausted (or asleep).
I was surprised about how many people would want to do this, because it is a real barrier for EV/Tesla sales.
I was proudly telling them I drove 1200km on 1 day on my way home from holiday. I expected them to react like ‘oh, in that case it’s no problem going on holiday with a Tesla’, but it was ‘nah, I’m driving that in 1 go through the night with my diesel’.
One of them will be forced in a couple of years to accept an EV as his next company car. To be continued.

We had a BBQ with all of the neighbours in our street, and I was surprised that all the guys I talked to said they’d rather drive 1000km without pause for resting or bathroom breaks. I would have expected that this behavior would only be preferred by a small percentage of the drivers. So none of them is considering a Tesla.
Is this some new way of showing how macho you are. I can drive 800km without stopping to take a leak, oh yeah I can go 900km, oh yeah I can go 1000km, oh yeah my dad can beat up your dad.

Last edited:
We had a BBQ with all of the neighbours in our street, and I was surprised that all the guys I talked to said they’d rather drive 1000km without pause for resting or bathroom breaks. I would have expected that this behavior would only be preferred by a small percentage of the drivers. So none of them is considering a Tesla.
I suspect they will all change their tune in a few years :)

Reactions: AquaY
I think it's more of "I'll stop to pee when I want to" and not having to plan a charging/pee schedule for your trip.
Planning isn't really necessary. Get in, set the Nav to the next Supercharger (or destination charger) location--drive. You might require reservations for where you plan to spend the night, but that's about the extend of planning. It was different in 2013.

Yeah, drink makes people say things like that. After three beers most guys are heroic in several ways and their cars get incredible mileage and have huge fuel tanks. They start with a tank that is plumb full and arrive at their destination with only a couple of quarts to spare. Their bladders are super elastic and can hold three quarts without discomfort. People like this have no passengers to consider.

It's easy to forget that the average distance they travel in one day is only 37 miles and that most peoples lives are limited by the amount of "fun tickets" (discretionary money) they have. EV's cause the "fun tickets" to build up faster!

Reactions: AquaY and NicoV
Cute

cute.JPG

All talk, no bladder

• Helpful
Reactions: AquaY and ZsoZso
I preferred to drive non stop 1000km without a bathroom break too.
Until I realized I'd rather stop once or twice in 6-10 hours of driving instead of wetting myself and my driver's seat.

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch and jhm
Manny Pacquiao is running for President of the Philippines in 2022.

I just thought you should know their 3 largest mineral exports are gold, copper, and nickel.

Oh, and they have large amounts of lithium rock production too.

Elon is a Director of the company which owns the UFC:

Manny Pacquiao signed up in 2020 for a UFC match.

8:28 BREAKING! UFC Approves Conor McGregor vs Manny ... YouTube · MMA Focus Sep. 26, 2020

Jus' sayin'... :p

• Informative
Reactions: Buckminster
Reactions: bpjod and FireMedic
What car is that in your profile pic (not an XKE, right?)? I’m seriously wanting something like that for an electric conversion.

Going slightly off topic .. the avatar car is a 1974 Series 3 Roadster, with a 5.3Lt V12.

(edit - looks like TimS beat me too it !!)

There are already various EV conversion kits that can be retrofitted to an original car, but the value of a classic E-type is into the $100k-$250k region unless something scruffy comes along in need of lots of restoration work as well.

Here’s some links that might be of interest -

Conversion ‘kit’ priced at £80k / $110k includes 400BHP and 66kWh pack and all parts, car not included -
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/e-type/355340/electrogenic-unveils-new-electric-car-conversion-jaguar-e-type

JLR themselves were looking into an EV version of the classic E-type, not entirely sure what happened to the project of it any were produced ..
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/about-jaguar/jaguar-stories/jaguar-e-type-concept-zero.html

… and they did get some PR and a suggested completed car cost of around £300k including the car …
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/jaguars-e-type-zero-only-classic-ev-you-will-ever-need

Personally, I’d prefer an EV version of the stunning F-type, although even that would not be anywhere near as practical as a Tesla MS.
https://www.forcegt.com/car-reviews/2017-jaguar-f-type-coupe-400-sport-review/

Enjoy !

1974 Series 3  Jaguar 5-3Lt V12 Roadster.jpg