Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going slightly off topic .. the avatar car is a 1974 Series 3 Roadster, with a 5.3Lt V12.

(edit - looks like TimS beat me too it !!)

There are already various EV conversion kits that can be retrofitted to an original car, but the value of a classic E-type is into the $100k-$250k region unless something scruffy comes along in need of lots of restoration work as well.

Here’s some links that might be of interest -

Conversion ‘kit’ priced at £80k / $110k includes 400BHP and 66kWh pack and all parts, car not included -
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/e-type/355340/electrogenic-unveils-new-electric-car-conversion-jaguar-e-type

JLR themselves were looking into an EV version of the classic E-type, not entirely sure what happened to the project of it any were produced ..
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/about-jaguar/jaguar-stories/jaguar-e-type-concept-zero.html

… and they did get some PR and a suggested completed car cost of around £300k including the car …
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/jaguars-e-type-zero-only-classic-ev-you-will-ever-need

Personally, I’d prefer an EV version of the stunning F-type, although even that would not be anywhere near as practical as a Tesla MS.
https://www.forcegt.com/car-reviews/2017-jaguar-f-type-coupe-400-sport-review/

Enjoy !

View attachment 712036
Isn’t a new BEV XKE retro model available direct, but in highly limited quantities, from Jaguar in the range of $200k (driven away by Harry and Meghan after their wedding, a fitting British and forward looking tribute)? But then you have the lack of charging network and Jaguar quality and service!!! Only good for 100 km romps from the country home………

This should get the bitcoin crowd back on our side :).. Sorry Gary (not the snail)

I believe the United States is the greatest country in the world. Despite all of our warts, America attracts the brightest and best from the four corners of the globe; it is this diversification that has fueled American ingenuity.

President Biden’s failure to recognize this fundamental nature of the American character is an enormous failure. I couldn’t possibly be more disappointed.

Flintstones philosophy, I love it! Rock is gonna roll (with all his might) tonight. :p

View attachment 710785

Cheers!

Flintstones Philosophy, Management-Science Edition*:

When confronted by ANY unknown or novel opportunity in a Business environment, there are exactly 2 (and 2 only) appropriate questions to be asked BEFORE making an Executive Decision:
  1. Who's baby is that?
  2. What's your angle?
  3. I'll buy that.

Cheers!

* JL Gotrocks approved

I believe the United States is the greatest country in the world. Despite all of our warts, America attracts the brightest and best from the four corners of the globe; it is this diversification that has fueled American ingenuity.

President Biden’s failure to recognize this fundamental nature of the American character is an enormous failure. I couldn’t possibly be more disappointed.

OT: Travel more, and you will probably come to the conclusion that the nomination of any country as the "greatest in the world" can only be a nationalistic simplification of a very complex world. You can deduce that there is no other country you would rather live in, which is of course quite different.

OT: Travel more, and you will probably come to the conclusion that the nomination of any country as the "greatest in the world" can only be a nationalistic simplification of a very complex world. You can deduce that there is no other country you would rather live in, which is of course quite different.
OT: I think Jack is talking about the people, not the US government. Wish they had single payer healthcare though, I would have stayed back then.. lol

Reactions: AZRI11

Wait, all of this is because Elon is an immigrant?

/s

If I offended anyone by stating that I believe America is the greatest country in the world, I apologize. I only intended to point out that we are a country of immigrants.

2AA84F06-961C-453A-A600-F0C90A57C70E.png

Did you know America had a citizen win the Nobel Prize for solar power? A fellow by the name of Albert Einstein.

Allow me to retract that; he won the Nobel Prize, and later immigrated to America.

I also place Elon Musk in the category as Nikola Tesla, and Albert Einstein.

Last edited:
Can we please stay on the road of investment and not walk down the abysmal slippery path of what country is the greatest for whatever reason?
And certainly not draw Elon's birthplace into that equation?
2021: Someone claims the U.S. is the greatest country in the world, debate ensues, and Maarten says stop.

2121: Someone claims the Earth is the greatest planet in the solar system, debate ensues, and Martian says stop.

2021: Someone claims the U.S. is the greatest country in the world, debate ensues, and Maarten says stop.

2121: Someone claims the Earth is the greatest planet in the solar system, debate ensues, and Martian says stop.
I don’t know which is the greatest country in the world but I can safely say that Tesla is the greatest company in the World and Biden failed to aknowledge its existence.

good green start pre Market. This day will be grande for ever.

I don’t know which is the greatest country in the world but I can safely say that Tesla is the greatest company in the World and Biden failed to acknowledge its existence.

good green start pre Market. This day will be grande for ever.

China is the greatest country in the world. .. Because it was the first true believer in Tesla (even funding Tesla's Shanghai Gigafactory with local bank loans of course at the direction of their government), and thus accelerated Tesla growth immeasurably, as well as shielding it from the mostly anti Tesla US elites (oil & gas and complacent/ complicit other influential groups). ; D

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
If I offended anyone by stating that I believe America is the greatest country in the world, I apologize. I only intended to point out that we are a country of immigrants.

View attachment 712307

Did you know America had a citizen win the Nobel Prize for solar power? A fellow by the name of Albert Einstein.

Allow me to retract that; he won the Nobel Prize, and later immigrated to America.

I also place Elon Musk in the category as Nikola Tesla, and Albert Einstein.
Well, I certainly was not offended. If I were, I would be part of the same erroneous group thinking anyone is who claims that this or that country is the greatest in the world. I live in a country, Sweden, which is a very good country to live in but I also loved living in New York City, which I did for some time in the late 90s early 00s and in Italy before that. For the US, my perception is that life is extremely different between Oklahoma, Minnesota and New York City, not just in terms of factual differences like taxes and politics but also in terms of culture. Saying that a whole country is one way or another is already a very broad generalization and then deduce that a group of people are the same just because they happen to be born or reside in that country even more so. I think the more one travels and learn about people, the more obvious it is that humans are very much alike all over, although clearly affected by local culture and customs.

Are you inferring that we should care more because I could careless about that. I love being apart of this group an all but for all intensive purposes itching the scratch is the least leased of my concerns. Theres to much negativity, and those who own Tesla's shuld under-stand this going in. Your inperfect just like I, and noone is getting more comfortability here with all of these wreckless criticisms. I'm am not a English teacher, but butt theres my too cents scents .

/s

A lot of people are gonna be itching right about now, lol.
Indeed! FTFY :D

To think a jury of 12 people will not emotionally react to such an event is naïve, ignorant or stupid, take your pick. This is the country where McDonalds lost a suit because they made the coffee too hot.

Before the lawsuit McDonalds instructed franchises to serve coffee at 180-190 degrees F which can cause 3rd degree burns in 2-7 seconds.

Today, McDonalds instructs franchises to serve coffee at 158 degrees F.

The plaintiff's treating emergency room doctor testified it was one of the worst scald burns he had ever seen.

As a whole the American Jury system has served Tesla well when being sued.

It is when Tesla sues others that they haven't had much luck.

. This is the country where McDonalds lost a suit because they made the coffee too hot.
McDonalds at the time was serving coffee at a heat way higher than industry standards, hot enough to instantly liquify human skin on contact. The woman had to have extensive skin grafts over her crotch and thighs. All she asked for was for McDonalds to cover her medical expenses, but they refused, so suing was her only recourse. Corporate shill apologists in the media misrepresented her suit and made her the butt of countless specious and ignorant comments that still happen to this day. Sad.

McDonalds at the time was serving coffee at a heat way higher than industry standards, hot enough to instantly liquify human skin on contact. The woman had to have extensive skin grafts over her crotch and thighs. All she asked for was for McDonalds to cover her medical expenses, but they refused, so suing was her only recourse. Corporate shill apologists in the media misrepresented her suit and made her the butt of countless specious and ignorant comments that still happen to this day. Sad.
Urban legend has it that the coffee was brewed at such a high temperature so that customers would be carrying around “free advertising“ as the product cooled enough to actually consume.