Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then you would have a self-cleaning car. Optimus threatens all those drive-through car washes.

Owner: Thanks for the ride home, Optimus. Why don't you wash the car while we are showing and eating dinner. Throw a couple coats of wax on it too, it's been a week since you did it last time. And try to keep the wax off the black trim this time, that took you over an hour to fix last time! If you do a good job you can have some chips. How about enough to fill expansion bank #4?

Optimus: I would like that; it's getting difficult to remember everything you've been teaching me lately.

You should trademark "Biff's Auto-bot Detailing".
D6DFHFZWAAEfoT5.png

OT: Can anyone comment on whether this is a legit and productive charity? If so, wouldn't mind tossing my hat into the ring.

OT
New screen in app. Helps owners advertise. Cost: 0

[OT] . So does this mean $.05 per mile in gas equivalent consumption vs $.20 for a 20 mpg/ @ $4/ gal ICE car ? or 4X less expensive than ICE not including depreciation or maintenance which are both better than ICE too. (someone correct me if incorrect - source ) - no wonder the oil & gas industries and mega banks financing /profiting from them are mounting such a huge FUD barrage.

OP's image reposted for clarity

TSLA.TMC.consumption.jpeg

[OT] . So does this mean $.05 per mile in gas equivalent consumption vs $.20 for a 20 mpg/ @ $4/ gal ICE car ? or 4X less expensive than ICE not including depreciation or maintenance which are both better than ICE too. (someone correct me if incorrect - source ) - no wonder the oil & gas industries and mega banks financing /profiting from them are mounting such a huge FUD barrage.

For cost you can put your own utility plan. Not sure how it does gas savings. Data is in the car and so are region averages as well as "comparable" vehicle MPG. There's a discussion in the SW thread for that.

OT but showcases now even easier to do word of mouth recruitment to ownership (as if that's necessary), especially in places with EV registration tax.

• Informative
Reactions: CLK350

View attachment 761707
Just upgraded my app to check this out. It would be nice if it would show the distance driven in that time. Secondly, my data accurately shows the three times I used L2 charging (all at free chargers whereas it assumes I paid) and I assume it accurately displays my home charging, it’s actually missing the two times I used a Supercharger in the past 31 days. Odd. You’d think that’s the charging type they’d have the most accurate data for…

Made me realize that I don't know this: what is the minimum number of humans to start a viable human civilization? I imagine there would be consanguinity issues with just two humans.

The existing human population likely descends from between 3K to 10K breeding pairs about 70,000 yrs ago, after the Toba eruption. We're luck to be here.

I'm replying here in OTG since ya know this is where its headed... :p

Cheers!

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33
Right. The thought has probably not escaped Musk that once a bot can make a bot, then an entire civilization can be started on any celestial body with the right raw materials, merely by transporting there two fertile humans and one bot.

With only 1 breeding pair as Founders of a population, all progeny would be homozygous within ~20 generations (ultimately, causing infertility).

DNA is read-only data storage with a low but non-zero transcription error rate. The entire human genome, including all known alleles, can easily be stored on a single modern thumb drive. All that is needed is one founder cell, plus the data and machinery to replicate and support it. That BTW is how life started on Earth: LUCA

As for Tesla, our LUCA is clearly the OG Roadster, and our replication machine is ELON. :D

Cheers!

With the current supercharger setup u can’t go head first to charge anyway with your trailer bc it’ll block the road/pathway. Most chargers r behind malls, gas stations, hotels or parking lots. To pull in with your trailer head first means taking up a lot of space in the lot, making it inaccessible for other drivers. Just won’t happen.

This issue can be solved with specific/special chargers dedicated for large trucks/trucks w trailers. Likely w a longer cord.

Not to mention the final version is not released yet. Why cancel your order now when U haven’t seen the final product? Seems irrational.

Shhhhhh!

I'm counting on this person's choice moving me up 1 position in the million or so reservations in line ahead of me. 😏

Just upgraded my app to check this out. It would be nice if it would show the distance driven in that time. Secondly, my data accurately shows the three times I used L2 charging (all at free chargers whereas it assumes I paid) and I assume it accurately displays my home charging, it’s actually missing the two times I used a Supercharger in the past 31 days. Odd. You’d think that’s the charging type they’d have the most accurate data for…
Checked again this morning and now the Supercharger stats are there.

I think a lot of people will switch to an X Plaid while they wait for a CT:

The only reason I reserved a CT is for it to tow a medium duty trailer for a retired person like me. So, through, general charging station is good but very rare. I don't think a model X can fulfil that mission and I don't think tesla will ever switch the charging port to car front for X doing the towing ever. I won't change my reservation to an X ever.

• Helpful
Reactions: Paul_SF
The only reason I reserved a CT is for it to tow a medium duty trailer for a retired person like me. So, through, general charging station is good but very rare. I don't think a model X can fulfil that mission and I don't think tesla will ever switch the charging port to car front for X doing the towing ever. I won't change my reservation to an X ever.
Tesla might find a market in a “trailer towing special” with a 50 percent bigger battery in either the Y or the X. Charge thru the nose. I’m sure people would pay the extra so they can get a decent range towing.

Just sayin.

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
Tesla might find a market in a “trailer towing special” with a 50 percent bigger battery in either the Y or the X. Charge thru the nose. I’m sure people would pay the extra so they can get a decent range towing.

Just sayin.
Very possible. A whole lot of truck buyers spend a lot of money for 3/4 and 1 ton diesels, just for that added towing capacity and capability. Those can run $80-90k or more pretty easily. Given that 4680s are supposed to be significantly less expensive than 2170 cells, Tesla might actually be able to sell a CT with greater towing capacity and comparable range to a diesel, for the same or less money. That would be a game changer.

Reactions: Artful Dodger