Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: AZRI11
It’s a shipping container

Nope. It's a dumpster pool. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre
The problem is that in a tight supply market, vendor prices will rise to balance out demand. Meaning consumers aren’t going to see any net price reduction when all is said and done. Tesla is not going to have two year wait times for its vehicles. They will keep raising prices until wait times get manageable. So, yeah, this is corporate welfare through and through to help GM and Ford. That it also helps Tesla is incidental. Ferragu is correct.

This is the same dynamic that we see in the college tuition market. Huge demand plus available loans have pushed tuition sky high.

My comment is regarding the "I appreciate the +ve for $TSLA - will help margins, but it isn’t it a waste of taxpayer money?" portion of his question, specifically waste.
A refundable credit would be using other's taxes to subsidize someone else's purchase. However, this non-refundable only impacts government intake. Could the government do something more useful with the money? Quite possibly, but that does not make it a waste.
It may be ineffective/ inefficient; however, on an individual taxpayer basis, getting up to $7.5k back is not a waste to those who get it (assuming <$7.5 in price increase, even then, more money for Tesla to grow faster).

At a first stab, the solar AND the battery (about which those of us who live off grid are absolutely giddy) incentives suggest a huge miss: unlike the treatment provided to the auto industry, it appears to me there is no comparable Domestic Content feature.
I’m very happy with my latest batteries, but they’re from a Dutch company, and manufactured in China. It oughtn’t have to be that way.

If your batteries only charge from solar, they already qualify under the solar credit (even if installed after the solar was). If you also use grid or a generator to charge, then they are not.

Reactions: UltradoomY
How about swapping the battery pack for a larger one with an upgrade.
Easier to do with new structural, 4680 battery pack architecture?

Sell < 55K config with smaller battery pack (< 200 miles ... still beats 7kWh PHEV ) .... after 3 mths provide an upgrade option to a larger battery pack with 300+ miles?
(+ rather than swap, remove the empty slots and add more cells as part of servicing)?
No way to upgrade a 4680 pack.

prudent-george-w-bush.gif

JFC

What do you expect from Zuckerberg .. right from the 2012 beginnings " Zuckerberg jokes in another exchange that 4,000 people have submitted emails, pictures and addresses to his budding Harvard social network. "People just submitted it ... I don't know why ... They 'trust me' ... dumb ****s."

Also selling private data to other orgs without much thoughts about protecting people's privacy.

I still keep a FB account strictly to keep up with contacts /retards w/o conscience who don't understand the trade off they are signing for.

Reactions: UltradoomY
In Norway a Deer fell down a cliff and landed on a Tesla driving by on this country road.

View attachment 839078

What are the odds?

Source:

Clearly a TSLAQ deer /s

Curious to know how any non Tesla would have fared. The Tesla Model 3 was famous for having BROKEN the NHTSA testing machine as it tried its standard car crush.

Edit: and did the autopilot see that deer falling, in other words, did the Tesla automatically started braking, BEFORE the driver did anything at all?

Sort of related -I recall seeing a YouTube video where a Tesla swerved to the right way before it became apparent that a car was driving in the wrong lane in his direction.

Last edited: