Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The town is only like 5 miles from the border with Ukraine?

5 miles from the border but 60 miles from the city they were aiming at.

8E904C3B-4908-4DBC-9C9F-CF22C160411A.jpeg

The town is only like 5 miles from the border with Ukraine?
Is there something the Russians might be targeting which is between Lviv and Poland? Maybe some military target we don’t know about or perhaps a rail hub?

My assumption was they were targeting Lviv, but if there is something closer to the border, the error could have been a lot less than 60 Miles.

Is there something the Russians might be targeting which is between Lviv and Poland? Maybe some military target we don’t know about or perhaps a rail hub?

My assumption was they were targeting Lviv, but if there is something closer to the border, the error could have been a lot less than 60 Miles.
Polish vodka factory is a hard target

Well this train station is like 3 miles from the border

We don’t know the target, we don’t know from where it was launched and we also don’t know the flight route of the rocket. If the target was Lviv, that doesn’t mean the rocket was taken out of the air there as well…

Reactions: saniflash
Forward Observing

For a layperson military tactical understanding of Russia vs Ukraine ~ 2022, my I suggest watching Doctor Zhivago. Three hours long, but a cold reminder of the real life in the region. The campaign between the White and Red forces are little different today. The end game may or may not be much different.

Worth the watch.

Cheers

Well this train station is like 3 miles from the border

I think you are joking here, but if you scroll a little west, it looks like a huge rail yard. I would not be surprised if there was significant transfer of western military hardware at this location which is ~3-5 miles from the Polish border. This is even arguably a legit military target.

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 1.11.27 PM.png

That puts our Russian missile only about ~10 miles off course.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and bkp_duke
Recent posts are beginning to me to sound like:

”NATO countries are irresponsible by placing their own borders so close to legitimate military targets!”.
Not remotely my intent. Russia is responsible for where their stray munitions land.

But we’ve gone from someone suggesting they might as easily have hit Moscow to possibly being 10 miles off target.

Russia has talked about targeting western arms transfers in the past. Also, it might be Ukrainian anti-aircraft fire. Still indirectly Russia’s fault, but far less likely to escalate. (Anything related to this war falls clearly into Russia’s responsibility)

But a higher voltage architecture will enable thinner, less expensive ribbon wiring to carry more current to things like LED headlights, window and seat motors, and anti-lock braking systems.
Yes, I should have said "more watts", not "more current". Good catch! You must be an electrical engineer. Tesla could use more people like you.

You meant power; however, your statement was not necessarily wrong.

If final load voltage stays the same (step down DC-DC in module), a wire one fourth the crossection (four times the resistence) at four times the voltage can provide two times the current (or power) to the load with the same self heating (loss).

W_loss=(4R)*(1/2*I)^2=R*I^2
W_new=(4V)*(1/2I)=2*W_old