Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps the argument is that there exists too many ‘corner cases’ in the first place, such that the exception is the argument and the ‘corner case’ is the rule. Going forward that perspective doesn’t change.

I’d like to point out that people are inherently bad at predicting the outcome of that which they have no experience with. I recall all the ‘end of world’ arguments when Brexit was on the table and subsequently what happened. When the pandemic was ratcheting up. I recall all the ‘end of world’ arguments when Tesla decided to build the first battery factory, and when Tesla decided to do or not to do dozens of other things. When the competition was coming.

Literally the world has ended hundreds of times just on this thread alone. The universal basic income discussion, the robot ending humans’ need to work discussion is just another example of people’s lousy predictive abilities. We can’t know that which we’ve never experienced, but we’re sure going to talk like we have a clue.

The world is in constant change. Sometimes tiny changes, sometimes big changes.

A big change is coming.
Whatever happens, one likely thing is that it will take longer than many expect. The first big Internet IPO was Netscape in 1995. It arguably took 25 years from then for the Internet to seep into most business practices, and the job still isn’t done. Big economic changes take a long time…

Whatever happens, one likely thing is that it will take longer than many expect. The first big Internet IPO was Netscape in 1995. It arguably took 25 years from then for the Internet to seep into most business practices, and the job still isn’t done. Big economic changes take a long time…
You have a point about time passage. It might be said, though, now that the Internet exists things can and do change faster than ever - including the economy.

How quickly did the stock market crash in 1929? How quickly can the stock market crash now?

According to my best friend, it took 4 days for the DOW to shed 25% in 1929. It would not even take 4 hours nowadays. We also know that singular companies can be brought down to nothing in a single day, or multiple companies within a singular sector. Big companies.

You have a point about time passage. It might be said, though, now that the Internet exists things can and do change faster than ever - including the economy.

How quickly did the stock market crash in 1929? How quickly can the stock market crash now?

According to my best friend, it took 4 days for the DOW to shed 25% in 1929. It would not even take 4 hours nowadays. We also know that singular companies can be brought down to nothing in a single day, or multiple companies within a singular sector. Big companies.
Geoffrey West wrote a book called Scale where he touches on this dynamic of society having to go continually faster and faster. He uses a metaphor of jumping on ever faster treadmills that are enabled by innovation.

Like I’ve said elsewhere, there is a speed limit when we cannot speed things up any longer and end up in a unintended harm singularity. (Term my own).

Not “Muddy” at all. This is an investment security. Performance is almost always the #1 factor influencing shareholder voting. You didn’t even mention this in your post.

Your argument might be remotely interesting/ relevant if the shareholder vote had been contrary to performance, but it wasn’t.
Haha. If Tesla is at 800 dollars a share right now, shareholders would be like "Yeah Elon, you go get a swastika tattoo and have a few baby pandas for dinner, we support and love you!"

Haha. If Tesla is at 800 dollars a share right now, shareholders would be like "Yeah Elon, you go get a swastika tattoo and have a few baby pandas for dinner, we support and love you!"
I mean, the worry is that his side gig might be a drain on the brand so I think those fears will recede when we get back to ATH and higher.

Either way Elon is our guy. He is what he is.
1345668320369_2473033.png

No - not everyone is like you.
Yeah, everyone kind of is. Evidence is clear and available right on this forum. You need only go back to times when the SP was significantly rising to note the lack of complaints of Elon and then compare to every time the SP was falling significantly and suddenly every decision made by Elon was wrong.

I understand you think you’re different and so I’ll keep note of how you personally respond when TSLA hits new ATHs, Tesla is twice its current size, and Elon is still being himself.

Then I suggest you save us your high horse and sell this nazi stock already. The fact that you are still holding makes you a Nazi like all of us doesn't it? Don't tell me greed is getting in the way of your principles....
Can we please refrain from extremism, both sides? Tesla is not a nazi stock, Elon is not a nazi. He's not Jesus either, and he doesn't need to be justified every time.

Yeah, everyone kind of is. Evidence is clear and available right on this forum. You need only go back to times when the SP was significantly rising to note the lack of complaints of Elon and then compare to every time the SP was falling significantly and suddenly every decision made by Elon was wrong.

I understand you think you’re different and so I’ll keep note of how you personally respond when TSLA hits new ATHs, Tesla is twice its current size, and Elon is still being himself.
Same on the vehicles price

If you visited r/electricvehicles on Reddit a few months ago, the amount of "I'm never gonna get a Tesla because XYZ" was insane, it was never because of the price and that they couldn't afford, it was XYZ

Now take a stroll through there (or don't if you want to keep your sanity), so many "I wanted to buy XZY, but with Model 3/Y prices it made no sense, so I took delivery yesterday" and similar others, still quite a few negative comments from people that never got near a Tesla, but they usually get downvoted to hell, while in the past it was the opposite

For example, there was a post about manufacturers EV goals, and the poster made sure to include this

Tesla has a 20M by 2030 goal — which admittedly, no one should be taking seriously... but again, still... there it is.
In which I responded
Why shouldn’t anyone take Tesla seriously? They are showing again and again all the steps they are taking to actually make it happen

I’d say of everyone on this list they are the one we can take seriously the most

And that has upvotes, if I had said that 6 months ago I would probably have beaten my downvotes record 😂

Almost everyone has a price to change their opinion, specially when it's a opinion not based in facts, be on a car or a stock trading price

bye

Last edited:
Mods - why is this left alone here - but my reply was moved ? Either both are OT or both are fine.

For the record - no I would not support Elon getting a Swastika Tattoo. Not everybody is for sale.