Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Expired: offering $300 "finders fee" for 2017 S or X 100 100D P100D with SC01-FUSC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
offering $300 😱 😱 😱 "reward" if I buy from your lead to a private sale link or contact information;
if more than one person provides info to same vehicle, then the first to provide
according to posting date-time or email date-time once I buy vehicle;
no reward if I don't buy; (first time EV buyer [email protected] in South Florida)

2017 S or X 100 or 100D or P100D;
must have transferable SC01-FUSC;
(my understanding this is limited to pre Jan 16, 2017 vehicles)
preference under 25K miles, no battery degradation messages;
preference for under $50K;
thanks in advance 👍👍👍

also, any advice-comments on this pursuit appreciated...
(I was told 95% of private sales are on Cars.com & AutoTrader.com...true?)

Last edited:
Thanks for response.
a. live in high rise condo, garage has no charging
b. going to use for many many long distance road trips, FUSC = overhead reduction

"ASL? @gaswalla"
Don't know what this is, a lead? Don't have Twitter...

ASL is a joke from back in the AOL days ;)

For local charging, look to see if there is a Chargepoint nearby with "free" charging (you can download the app and filter by free locations).

FUSC = alternatively you're looking at about $20-25 to charge from 15/20% to 80/85% so it's not that bad, and on a car that gets 290mi to the full (100%) charge you can get an idea of costs per mile and build that into your travel plans.

Reactions: Kdewalt10
The likelihood of finding what he's looking for is slim to none, imo
Actually, got a PM about private seller in Seattle who buys at Phoenix auctions,
who recently sold such a "Unicorn" for $53K to LA CA buyer;
also, there's previous thread in this very section where someone wanted same
& response from owner who offered such a vehicle...
So slight, IMO, not slim to none...
but its true there's nothing anywhere in Cars.com & AutoTrader.com
right now & I don't know where else to look... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Actually, got a PM about private seller in Seattle who buys at Phoenix auctions,

The car I sold for $53k has 95k miles. Your ask is simply not doable in this market as I stated in PM.

Your best bet is to find a 75D or 90D to fit your desires.

Reactions: TwistedGray

There are a variety of Facebook groups for Tesla classifieds, but just know that you are asking a lot for a little. Any 100kWh pack that shows up fitting those requirements is going to sell very quickly.

For what it is worth, I can get a 2016 P100DL w/ FSD and 42k miles to your door for $60k; however, that's $10k above your asking, 17k more miles, and no free supercharging.

With that said, as an example, I can get you a 2017 non-performance Model S, 41k miles, 2 owners, no accidents to your door for about $51k. That does NOT have free supercharging either, so you're back to square one.

I don't want to say you have an unrealistic request, but you have an unrealistic request, lol. You've got to be open to either spending a bit more, waiting forever, dropping your battery pack requirement (as noted by Josh), or be willing to pony up the $25ish to charge. Something has got to give, and you have to decide what that is ...or be ruthless at checking every single classified group/site and pounce should anything fit the bill. Alternatively sign up for alerts on Cars & Bids, and you might get lucky there (note the 4.5% purchase fee though).

I don't want to say you have an unrealistic request, but you have an unrealistic request
Thanks for response.
Unfortunately, I can no longer edit OP.
I will consider ANY price, now realizing X's & P's may be $60K+ or more.
SC01-FUSC is a must, but FSD is not a must, low mileage is factor;
The ~290 range of 100's is priority = less hassles on numerous long distance road trips...
a very nice 2016 S 70 is my backup but 238 range is problematic;

Thanks for response.
Unfortunately, I can no longer edit OP.
I will consider ANY price, now realizing X's & P's may be $60K+ or more.
SC01-FUSC is a must, but FSD is not a must, low mileage is factor;
The ~290 range of 100's is priority = less hassles on numerous long distance road trips...
a very nice 2016 S 70 is my backup but 238 range is problematic;
In terms of Model S, does it have to be a performance? Or would you just prefer that?

I do NOT prefer P because I would not use it that way.
I will probably develop a case of Range-roid...maximizing range.
Greatest acceleration would be Interstate entrances.
I've been told, all things being equal, P's degrade their batteries faster than 100 or 100D's...
For reference, the performance versions give you four driving modes: chill, sport, ludicrous, and ludicrous+. If you change your driving style slightly, you can easily drive in Ludicrous mode without draining the battery any quicker, and you'll still have that neck snapping acceleration to quickly/safely get around people.

I wouldn't be that concerned about degradation considering you'll want to sell the car before the warranty expires anyways, and we're talking a six year old car. Most of the degradation has already happened at this stage.

I don't know that the performance models would degrade any quicker than non-performance. They utilize the same exact battery packs (my understanding).

Some experts here to correct or validate this, but I believe that of the 100s, only p100dL was made in early Jan 2017
I've had two 2016 P100DL examples now. They're common.

Both of these are P100DL.
Screenshot_20230301-072649.png

Status
Not open for further replies.