Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Offering $6K Cash Incentive for Tesla Model S 70D Lease Takeover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The family is growing and we need to exit our Model S lease so that we can switch to a Model X. Currently 17 months left on the lease of our Tesla Model S 70D. The payments are currently $1211/month with an allowed 819 miles/month remaining. I'm throwing in a cash incentive of $6K to bring the overall monthly payments down to a little over $836/month. Full Lease Trader link is here (2015 Tesla Model S 70D lease $836.78 - Milpitas, California 95035). Here are the options:

Model S 70D
All-Wheel Drive Included
Titanium Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels Included
Black Next Generation Seats
Glossy Obeche Wood Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner Included
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Also throwing in a recently purchased set of all-weather mats (front and rear). Please PM if interested. This could be a great way to get into a Model S without having to cough up a lot of money up front. Also, this could be a good purchase as well since all you are responsible for would be the remaining lease payments plus the buy-out price in the lease.

Thanks!

The family is growing and we need to exit our Model S lease so that we can switch to a Model X. Currently 17 months left on the lease of our Tesla Model S 70D. The payments are currently $1211/month with an allowed 819 miles/month remaining. I'm throwing in a cash incentive of $6K to bring the overall monthly payments down to a little over $836/month. Full Lease Trader link is here (2015 Tesla Model S 70D lease $836.78 - Milpitas, California 95035). Here are the options:

Model S 70D
All-Wheel Drive Included
Titanium Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels Included
Black Next Generation Seats
Glossy Obeche Wood Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner Included
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Also throwing in a recently purchased set of all-weather mats (front and rear). Please PM if interested. This could be a great way to get into a Model S without having to cough up a lot of money up front. Also, this could be a good purchase as well since all you are responsible for would be the remaining lease payments plus the buy-out price in the lease.

Thanks!
Hi. Is the car still available? Thanks!

Looks like the buyout is $56K

upload_2017-4-1_23-43-15.png

Wow this is a really expensive lease... I assume you paid 7k down, 1211x20+7000+6000=37220. If instead you had bought, it was about 90k, you get 10k tax back so it's 80k. Today you can probably trade this car in for 55k. So you would be out 25k instead of 37k.

Tesla, at least up to now, is one of the worst cars to lease... With many cars, it's much better financial to transfer a lease vs. buying and selling in under 2 years, with Tesla it's the reverse, by a lot.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
As someone that has bought a $89k Model S and got a trade-in quote after just 10 months with half the miles. I can say fairly confidently that trade-in on that car would actually be lower than $55k. I would expect $46k-50k range. That is at the current mileage/age. In 16 months and 14k more miles. The trade-in will be even less.

The first year of ownership depreciates nearly 30% not counting tax credits.

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
Tesla is more tech than car so it will depreciate more. There are many nice Tesla like p85d here for sale but I wouldn't want to be stuck with AP1. Just think of iPhone 6 and 7. People won't want them when the iPhone 8 is out. Cars are even worst because they are not hidden in pockets. Everytime I see a refreshed 2016 model S with AP1 on the road I always think, what a poor guy, he barely missed out on AP2 and now he is stuck with that car.

Tesla is more tech than car so it will depreciate more. There are many nice Tesla like p85d here for sale but I wouldn't want to be stuck with AP1. Just think of iPhone 6 and 7. People won't want them when the iPhone 8 is out. Cars are even worst because they are not hidden in pockets. Everytime I see a refreshed 2016 model S with AP1 on the road I always think, what a poor guy, he barely missed out on AP2 and now he is stuck with that car.

Stuck with autopilot 1 that actually works, yeah that's awful :rolleyes:

Yeah it sucks being stuck with a car that has a better AP system than the new models.

I wish my car did less but with a promise of "more coming soon!"

With your attitude, you would need to buy a model s every few months to not pity yourself. Gotta keep up with those Jones'!