Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Office charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our office has a budget for some Level 2 EV chargers in our current Municipal Town Hall renovation. We have $65,000 in the budget. Tesla has a partnership to help provide chargers but we need to support all EV's not just Tesla.

Does anyone have some program details. I know in some locations there will be a Tesla charger along with a J1772 charger. Does Tesla provide this equipment? Maybe someone has the contact at Tesla to for this info.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
I believe they've significantly scaled back their charging partner program. Wall connectors are relatively inexpensive and with a budget of $65,000, you can do a very large installation. The bulk of the cost will be electrical work.

Our office has a budget for some Level 2 EV chargers in our current Municipal Town Hall renovation. We have $65,000 in the budget. Tesla has a partnership to help provide chargers but we need to support all EV's not just Tesla.

Does anyone have some program details. I know in some locations there will be a Tesla charger along with a J1772 charger. Does Tesla provide this equipment? Maybe someone has the contact at Tesla to for this info.

From what I've seen, when Tesla installs supplemental J1772 chargers they tend to be ChargePoint. These links might help:

ChargePoint as a Service | ChargePoint

Smart Charging Stations | ChargePoint

My work was able to acquire 1 free Tesla wall charger through the program. At the time we had 3 Tesla drivers now we are at 6. Might be looking to add an additional charger as we play the charging shuffle now. Even have a Slack channel to coordinate. So will be moving from 2 to 3 chargers hopefully. charger 1. signature wall charger (free) @40 amps Charger 2. V3 charger (paid) @48 amps Charger 3. V3 charger (hopefully free) @48 amps.

I don't think attempting to partner with Tesla is the way to go at all. Tesla's whole point is to go with mostly their own unique proprietary stations that won't work on other vehicles, and you have already said that can't be how the installation is, so that's a non-starter in any event.

You would need to look into other setups, either with one of the existing charging network companies like Chargepoint or just a regular non-affiliated setup with just planning out installation of a bunch of stations that you buy, like maybe Clipper Creek.

I don't think attempting to partner with Tesla is the way to go at all. Tesla's whole point is to go with mostly their own unique proprietary stations that won't work on other vehicles, and you have already said that can't be how the installation is, so that's a non-starter in any event.

You would need to look into other setups, either with one of the existing charging network companies like Chargepoint or just a regular non-affiliated setup with just planning out installation of a bunch of stations that you buy, like maybe Clipper Creek.

The Tesla Sponsored station we did in TX included a Clipper Creek.

The Tesla Sponsored station we did in TX included a Clipper Creek.
"included", yes. That is what I said.
Tesla's whole point is to go with mostly their own unique proprietary stations
That is how they have done their destination and business charging setups. A lot of the time, they are all Tesla and zero J1772, but some of the time, they will have a couple of J1772 stations included if they have to, but these are usually only up to maybe a fourth of the total. They never do any that are more than half J1772.